Maui Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED) update to maui 17.03 volume-keys not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have the same problem, after update to maui 17.03 volume-keys is not working.
I tried to set a key in systemsetting but there are a lot of "Decrease Volume" and Increase Volume". Why and which one should I select?
Thank you for help.
This looks wrong. Did you try restarting already?
Yes, I have restarted already, problem still there....
That's strange then especially if you really see those dozens of increase and decrease volume entries. There should only be one each.
Can you try setting one of them and see if it helps.

Did you check already that all updates are installed successfully?
Is there an easy way to check to check that all updates are installed successfully? In Synaptic there is no package marked as broken.
I tried to set one by one almost all of volume entries but nothing happen, so volume key seems set.
You can use the command
Code:
sudo apt install -f
Which trys to fix if anything is broken or half installed.
Though if synaptic says everything is OK it should not do anything.

Can you double check that maui-xenial-backports and maui-xenial-backports-neon repos are active. If they are not please activate them and try running
Code:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
I have active the same repos used for upgrading to 17.3. everything seems fine: 0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 0 not to upgrade.
But you experience still the same issue ?
Maybe something is broken with your config.
Can you temporary create a new user and see if it works with it ?
Yes, still the same issue. I created a new user and it works! You are probably right, something is broken with my config. Do you know a painless way to restore a corrupted config?
You could try removing ~/.config/khotkeysrc and ~/.config/kglobalshortcutsrc which store the hotkey configuration.
After removing you need to relogin. Best is to remove those files when not logged in with the same user just to be sure.
Pages: 1 2 3