Maui Forums

Full Version: [Closed] - plasma-widget-volumewin7mixer [Tower]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just upgraded my Lappy from 2.1 to 17.03, & it was an easy stress-free successful process.

Back on 5 March i also brought my Tower to 17.03, but it was via a clean install from the 17.03 ISO.

On both computers i now use & enjoy the new volume widget in the panel; plasma-widget-volumewin7mixer. However, whilst both look & work the same when left-clicked, there is an important difference in their right-click behaviour. On Lappy all is good, but on Tower there is a problem:

"Audio Volume Settings..."
[attachment=1222]

"PulseAudio Control"
[attachment=1223]

How can i repair these problems so that all aspects of the widget work as well on Tower as they do on Lappy, pls?
Groan! Lappy has now gone the same way as Tower in this problem. The change occurred once i began playing some music. On both computers i use the PulseAudio graphic equaliser, per http://www.webupd8.org/2013/10/system-wi...lizer.html, which works really well... BUT i suspect that it might be the cause of the obliteration of those two widget settings popups. Does anyone know how to fix that pls?
Just a quick guessing. Did you restart your machine and the problem still occurs ?

And the main problem seems that the right click audio settings entries don't show up anything?

Quote:On both computers i use the PulseAudio graphic equaliser
Did the problem occur after installing this? Can you close or remove this to see if it fixes the issue.
Yes, yes & yes, leszek

More info:

1. I have used the PA Equaliser on both my computers for several years, ie, long before Maui... from http://www.webupd8.org/2013/10/system-wi...lizer.html
2. For my recent clean-install of 17.03 on Tower, once that was complete i installed all my other preferred pgms, including this one. The changed behaviour of those applets occurs after Eq installation & operation.
3. For my recent 17.03 upgrade of Lappy, the PA Eq was already installed. As i described in my recent post, after upgrade but before i played any sound, the new SysTray plasma-widget-volumewin7mixer applets ALL behaved correctly. Like with Tower however, as soon as i then used any sound, those applets ["Audio Volume Settings..." & "PulseAudio Control"] broke per my recent pictures [but "Audio Volume (Win7 Mixer) Settings..." remains ok].
4. Today i upgraded two of my Maui 2.1 VMs to 17.03. Before upgrade neither of these had the PA Eq installed, & so post-installation [& reboot] the new plasma-widget-volumewin7mixer fully worked. I then installed the PA Eq into one of these VMs. To my amazement & confusion, it seems to still work fine with the plasma-widget-volumewin7mixer. That's a pity, as [expecting it to have also caused the problem] i had intended to try to fully remove it & all dependencies, to see if that then fixed plasma-widget-volumewin7mixer. Given it didn't break, there was no point proceeding.
5. In Tower & Lappy the sound quality is MUCH better with the PA Eq, so i do not wish to run either pc without it. I have not therefore tried removing it... even if that then restored the normal function of those two applets, it's too high a price to pay. It would have been nice if all components played nicely together...