Maui Forums

Full Version: Some Desktop Effects Stop Working After Reboot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks, just here to report a small issue. As title say some of the desktop effects stop working after reboot such as Glide effect, when i disable and re enable the effect it starts working again. I am on 17.03 fresh install. Any suggestion would be nice. Peace!
Sounds like kwin is automatically disabling the effect as it thinks it isn't supported.
Have you tried changing the compositor settings ? What have you setup in there ? (OpenGL 2 or 3 or Xrender)
(27th April 2017, 23:16)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like kwin is automatically disabling the effect as it thinks it isn't supported.
Have you tried changing the compositor settings ? What have you setup in there ? (OpenGL 2 or 3 or Xrender)

I tried them all the result is the same, i think problem is the Glide effect, when i disable that effect other effects that failed before did not fail. Another thing is that i was always using an effect called Cool Effect but this time around it does not show up in the list after i install it. Strange, never had these problems before, my previous setup was also Maui 17.03 but it was updated from 2.1. Anyway it's not a huge deal. By the way keep up the great work it is a great distro.