Maui Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Failed installation - No internet connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a computer without a network connection. How am i meant to install it. When the live cd insists you have to have a net connection to install it

Mark
This is something we noticed and addressed after the 17.03 release.
What you could do is edit the file /etc/calamares/modules/welcome.conf with root rights and remove the - internet under the required category. After saving the file start the installer and it should allow you installing.

Notice: Without internet access the installer won't be able to pull language packages thus you need to install them manually later on if you need them.
Is there a new release to download now ??? Or is there a time frame. Thank you so much for letting me know how to fix it.
There is no new ISO available currently.
As for a timeframe for a new release. There is none currently.
thanks
(5th May 2017, 9:06)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]This is something we noticed and addressed after the 17.03 release.
What you could do is edit the file /etc/calamares/modules/welcome.conf with root rights and remove the - internet under the required category. After saving the file start the installer and it should allow you installing.

Notice: Without internet access the installer won't be able to pull language packages thus you need to install them manually later on if you need them.

Hello,

I've got no wifi connection on the live version and after the install. My wifi card works, as I've installed KDE neon, ubuntu Mate & Maui, all detect my wifi card, both in live & install. Will this fix you describe kick the wifi access into life?
This is just a check of the installer if network access available. Nothing more.
So it should not change anything else.