Maui Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Play audio cd recorder with K3B
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
A few days ago, I burn a audio cd with K3B, I configured for burn in DAO, but always burn in SAO.
Well, after the burn the cd not play in my computer.
Insert cd and also, I don't have access to cd (click in dolphin but any change), and don't play the music.
This same cd, in my external player works fine, play fine.
This same cd, in windows...play fine...
Try playing the audiocd back with VLC.
Yes, with VLC play the audio but I need open manually VLC, go to menu, open Audio CD....

And I don't know what are the reasson because, in Dolphin, when click in Audio CD not made any, I can't explore the CD and any more...

Regards.
Ah you want it to show in Dolphin to browse it like a filesystem and rip the audiocd aswell?
Then you need to install kio-audiocd package.
This will be included in the next big ISO btw. (already known bug)
Yes, I want show in Dolphin to browse like a filesystem and rip the audiocd aswell, yes, but also, I wan can play (I don't know by VLC I can play, because before read your last post, I insert CD and any changes in my computer).

I install a kio-audiocd package, and now, when insert CD the system notification appears and in Dolphin also appears, I click for browse but appears a files that...I don't know this files...
Tel Aviv Singer - ISraeli Party???!!!!!!!
No, I don't have any music about this!!!!!!!!!!!!

But if I extract the AudioCD in the Dolphin browse continue this files and I can navigate by this files...
This is the link in the task bar:
audiocd:/?device=/dev/sr0

And in this moment, the AudioCD is out of my computer....
I guess the kio-audiocd fetches the titles and information about the cd via cddb.
That might not always be correct like I understand you.

Is there anything else you are trying to achieve?
Or does this solve the issue for you?
In this moment, I try with other AudioCD and appears well the info.

The other cd I don't understand what are the reasson for appears tel aviv...any similar I have about this...¿? My music are dance...tel aviv...how how how....Smile

Well, with this other AudioCD all appears well and fine, but when access by dolphin and select one file for play, it is delayed a couple of minutes for play, its normal?

This doubt indicates the many audio cds that I have heard on the pc ... none in the last years ...Smile
Yeah as soon as you try opening up a mp3 or ogg file it actually rips the audiocd in the background to this format so it can play it back.
That's why I recommend using vlc which does not rip anything but play back stuff.
Other option would be choosing the cdda files in Dolphin for playback as they shouldn't be ripped but be the original files.
Ok, thank you very much leszek!
Last question, exist the possibility of click right mouse and then play directly from Dolphin?
Only for know, my doubts about this question are solved with yours posts Smile
Not that I know of. As like I said the mp3 and ogg files aren't really there but only virtual files that dolphin starts ripping to (or better kio-audiocd does this).
So cdda files are the only ones that you can playback. As vlc does not support the audiocd:// kio you need some player like dragon or so that does not copy that file
Pages: 1 2