Maui Forums

Full Version: Kde Updates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cool
I looked at the past Maui releases and noticed that they didn't come until the 3rd update of each Plasma release. So it was something like 5.8.3 then 5.9.3. So I really wasn't expecting an update until 5.10.3. Which for me I liked. It seems that after the 3rd Plasma revision things are mostly worked out and we will have a more stable release. So I am perfectly fine waiting for that .3 release. Besides, as I recall from the Plasma roadmap, the 3rd release is only about a month after the initial release. That seams like a reasonable time to wait to get the worse offending bugs fixed.
Fargo, that's an interesting observation and I fully agree. As I said in my op I'm very happy with 17.03, I was just curious about how updates work in a semi-rolling distro (it being a new experience for me).

Thanks to everyone for the input.
Fargo & Raydog, you both make an interesting point, & i generally agree. At the moment though i confess i'm itching to get 5.10.x asap coz, having played with the latest version of KDE Neon in one of my VMs, i really like the new functionality in the Task Manager bar to selectively group or ungroup with middle-click. This will be very handy for my workflow, i think.
(14th June 2017, 13:51)kdemeoz Wrote: [ -> ]Fargo & Raydog, you both make an interesting point, & i generally agree. At the moment though i confess i'm itching to get 5.10.x asap coz, having played with the latest version of KDE Neon in one of my VMs, i really like the new functionality in the Task Manager bar to selectively group or ungroup with middle-click. This will be very handy for my workflow, i think.
I hear 'ya. 5.10 has some nice new features and Neon ran solidly for me, but:
A) Getting constant updates is way to scary for me.
B) Discover is a mess.I'm so glad Maui has MintUpdate!
C) The Maui team rocks.  Big Grin
Oh yes indeedy, let me clarify myself & agree with you -- the Maui model is absolutely my cup of tea. From the moment i first read about Maui last year i knew that it sounded ideal for me... much better than Mint KDE with its unfathomable tethering to Kubuntu backports hence comparatively "ancient" Plasma versions with their bugs & missing functions, BUT also [for me] better than KDE Neon coz i am not so keen for bleeding edge that i want my OS to seriously break regularly. Having the Maui Devs curate the Plasma versions rather than just dump them willy-nilly on us is excellent. All i meant though, is that i really am rather keenly awaiting 5.10.x for the reason i said. :-) 

PS:
Quote:Discover is a mess.I'm so glad Maui has MintUpdate!
Oh yesssssssssssssss. Strongly agree!!!
kdemeoz,
Well said. 10.5 really is a significant update. I'm not sure I'll be able to hold out until !0.3.  Undecided
Pages: 1 2