Maui Forums

Full Version: Auto connect wired without wallet password?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, in my laptop, always that start the system, I need type the wallet password for the system connect to internet...

Its possible configure this for not need enter this password at start?

Thanks and regards!
That sounds wrong. Do you maybe have autologin activated. If yes then this normal. It needs the password entered once to unlock the wallet.
Hi,
Yes, I have autologin activated...
Then, with autologin activated is not possible disable the wallet password for wired?

Thanks and regards!
The wallet password is there to unlock the wallet which stores all passwords.
It should not be used for wired if you have a router/modem doing the ppoe for you.
And of course you can disable the wallet or configure it to use no password at all to disable password prompts. (which is by default set to empty by us btw.)
Yes, I use a router, with rj45 not prompt the wallet password, but for wifi, yes. I don't use ppoe.

Ups, I don't know that, its possible configure it to use no password at all to disable password prompts...I search in wallet but only view disable wallet (I don't want this because in the past, for disable wallet I have some problems that now, I don't remember) but configure for no password at all to disable password prompts, I think its a good iddea.

Regards.
You can change the password to be an empty one if you know the risks.