Maui Forums

Full Version: digiKam 5.6 does not show video (mp4) previews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Neither version 5.4 nor 5.6 shows me video previews (only a film strip icon) which is a very crucial feature for sorting them.

When I double click on an icon VLC media player opens and plays the video correctly, so I assume that the correct codecs are installed!?

Thank you very much for helping!
Also Dolphin filemanager shows correct video thumbnails
digikam does not use the video preview plugin that dolphin uses. That explains why there are no thumbnails.
(29th June 2017, 22:42)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]digikam does not use the video preview plugin that dolphin uses. That explains why there are no thumbnails.

If I remember correctly, I looked into this a while ago and digikam devs have no intention of "fixing" this.
It is a shame "original KDE" apps no longer play well together.  
In the meantime this has been fixed as it seems. At least after my upgrade to maui 17.06 it works!
Nice. Thanks for the update on this.
I want to try not just to create a lot of questions, but contribute some help with my very limited knowledge... Even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain of corn, we say in Germany!