Maui Forums

Full Version: *ERROR* conflict detected with stolen region:...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After installing Maui 17.3 (Build Version 20170303) I encounter the following error at start-up:

[quoted from KSystemLog]
6/7/17 5:41 AM kernel [drm:i915_gem_init_stolen [i915_bpo]] *ERROR* conflict detected with stolen region: [0xc6000000 - 0xc8000000]
[unquote]

I found some info on the Internet alas much too technical for me to understand for initiating corrective action and request expert assistance.

System info:
Frameworks version: 5.31.0
Qt Version: 5.7.1
Kernel Version: 4.4.0-65-generic
Processors: 4xIntel Core i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Memory: 7.7 Gib of RAM
Swap: 32 GiB of Swap
OpenGL Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel® HD Graphic 503 (Skylake GT2)
Xorg-Server/Wayland: 1.18.4
Mesa 3D: 12.0.6

Thanks.
So this error prevents you from booting Maui?
Or is it just an error popping up but the system runs fine after it?
No, it does not prevent booting Maui. The message pops very briefly up at the booting process. I had to install KSystemLog from Synaptic from which the the error message was copied from.

I also experience high CPU usage, Plasmashell 4% while system is idling. The CPU History (in System Monotor) is about 20%.  
4% isn't a high cpu usage though.
You can try installing a newer kernel like the hwe 4.8 kernel that is available in the repos and see if it makes the error message disappear. Otherwise just ignore it.
Okay, will install a newer kernel and will ignore the error message if it's reappearing. Thanks.
(6th July 2017, 10:40)karlheinrich Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, will install a newer kernel and will ignore the error message if it's reappearing. Thanks.

In Synaptic PM I clicked on to 'Mark All Upgrades' which initiated upgrading the kernel. However the erratic CPU usage continued and the error message remained.

I decided to wipe the disk partition with Gparted, re-installed Maui, upgraded the kernel to version 4.4.0-83-generic and am happy to report that the system is now working smoothly with no temperamental CPU usage. But the error message is still popping up during boot process (which I shall ignore). All's OK now!