Maui Forums

Full Version: Maui 17.06 is here ....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...and I have decided that it's time for me to do a new clean install (I was taking updates since MAUI 1 - seems like a hundred years ago...).
Thanks to MAUI Team !
Best Regards !!
In my case, I think the same Smile

But first, its possible save my ppa's added manually?

Regards!
(9th July 2017, 23:28)wonder Wrote: [ -> ]In my case, I think the same Smile

But first, its possible save my ppa's added manually?

Regards!

Hola wonder.

This pgm is wonderful [teehee]... Aptik. Just one caution: When you create the destination folder to hold your Aptik backup, it must NOT contain ANY punctuation. Aptik interprets punctuation as a path-termination, hence it won't actually find your intended target folder for most of its sub-processes. Some work, but most fail, rendering use of Aptik prior to major system events like an OS change a frustrating failure... but if you know of this caution, then Aptik really is fab.

Oh, there is another caution: Here's a copy & paste of my own working notes from earlier this year... i learned the hard painful way:

Quote:Every time i need to RESTORE, be very very VERY careful. It's safe to blaze on ahead with the Downloaded Packages [ie, DEBs], & Launchpad PPAs, & it's *mostly* also ok for the Software Packages [but read the entire list very carefully... IF the Restoration is not to the SAME pc with the SAME hardware & the SAME version of the OS AND Desktop Environment, that is].

If those square-bracketed parameters above have not changed at all, then also all the other Aptik modules should be safe too. But, but, BUT... if important changes have occurred, DO NOT Restore any of those other modules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As i write, i am sleep-deprived & still occupied with the intense Tower recovery process... for the SECOND time in 36 hours. ~A week ago i had a major "hardware incident" which somehow lunched the Tower so that it froze & then refused to boot back to the login screen. After intense days & night of seeking workarounds i gave up & realised i had to reinstall Maui. That process commenced yesterday early arvo & went ok, but when i subsequently used Aptik for the Restores, i totally stuffed up & consequently stuffed my beautiful fresh new Maui so badly that it again would not boot [but not same cause as before].

My gross error was that i Restored "20170224 Towers Maui 2.1 Plasma5", which was Plasma 5.8.4, onto my newly reinstalled Tower's Maui 17.03 Plasma 5.9.3. It was a catastrophe; large swathes of older incompatible system config files replaced the necessary current versions of the new OS, & screwed Maui so comprehensively that it stopped working properly then & there, but then upon subsequent reboot attempts basically couldn't... it would not boot up. I had to start from scratch with another full reinstallation.

Learn from my errors, & then Aptik will be great for you. I now love this pgm, now that i understand how to [& not to] use it. 
No updates yet, according to Update Manager. Do i need to wait another day for the mirrors to get the new versions, or do i need to change my current backports, pls?

[attachment=1278]

BTW - congratulations & thanks for reaching another milestone in the Maui evolution. 
Also there are no updates, what am I doing wrong?
Please be patient. We need to test the upgrade process for existing users before we can upload the new packages to the backports repos.
Updated.....Info center is broken.
As something very badly installed an update,Tell me plz how to return to the old one and try again to update?
Use synaptic to reinstall the package kcm-about-extended from the maui-xenial-backports repo. It should be version 0+p20170530+git20170626.1026-0
I have just finished my fresh MAUI 17.06 installation !
It is running like a charm here.... I think it is somehow faster .
I have already installed all the applications I used to work everyday, without any problem.
The 64 bit Googlearth package installed with one click....
I also work very often with avidemux and I decided to add this repo : deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu xenial-getdeb apps. It seems ok to the moment...
My VirtualBox OSs I had already installed in a different disk partition in the past are also working abdolutely ok.
Some Windows XP applications I used to run with wine are working good too.
I noticed just one very little problem...
I wanted to add a button to the windows title line (Window decorations) but, I could not see clearly the buttons to do the job... Anyway I finally did it but , the problem has to be fixed.
Nothing else to the moment.
Many thanks to the MAUI team.
Best Regards !!
Pages: 1 2