Maui Forums

Full Version: Error messages during boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

After installation of Maui 17.06 I got error messages during startup. The next day everything was usual. No error messages. This afternoon I get these error messages again. It takes about 3 minutes until all these lines come up. Please have a look at the attached file "Error messages". After the last line comes up it continues to start Maui and everything seems to work usually. These messages are about my SSD. Please have a look at the attached "Screenshot". In Disks you can see the device. I use this SSD only for the OS and other software. For all the other files I use another hard drive.
Kind regards,
Sigurd
Looks to me like it is repairing /dev/sdb2 so it was unmounted uncleanly.
Can you check this particular filesystem once again on a bootup system (as long as it is not mounted)
(30th July 2017, 14:58)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Looks to me like it is repairing /dev/sdb2 so it was unmounted uncleanly.
Can you check this particular filesystem once again on a bootup system (as long as it is not mounted)

Hi leszek,
The only way to do that (that I know) is to run Maui in recovery mode, what I did. Please have a look at the picture FSCK. There was no error or anything wrong. Afterwards I was running DPKG. Please have a look at the picture DPKG. It wants to install 7 packages and upgrade another 27 packages. If I say "yes" it is unable to fetch any package, no installations and no upgrades. If I start the "Update Manager" it tells me that the system is up to date. Do you have a good idea? Do I have to install Maui 17.06 again?
Kind regards,
Sigurd
Why are you messing manually with dpkg? Usually I would only stick to apt-get/apt and the update manager.
As for the fsck if it did not correct anything and you still get the problem on every boot there might be a faulty drive or something.
If it checks the drive every other mount (30 mounts is default I think) then this is a normal behavior.
(30th July 2017, 19:39)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you messing manually with dpkg? Usually I would only stick to apt-get/apt and the update manager.
As for the fsck if it did not correct anything and you still get the problem on every boot there might be a faulty drive or something.
If it checks the drive every other mount (30 mounts is default I think) then this is a normal behavior.

Hi leszek,

I did no mess manually with dpkg. I think the recovery mode is made for fixing problems. And only inside the recovery mode I used the line for fixing problems with dpkg. I can not see that I messed around.

Since yesterday morning Maui starts without any problem or error message. My SSD hard drive is only one year old. And with no error now and no error before I installed Maui 17.06 (with Maui 17.03) it cannot be a drive problem.

Kind regards,
Sigurd