Maui Forums

Full Version: Fresh install 17.06, errors in boot and restart.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
Today, I made a fresh install of 17.06 in my tower.
Before this fresh install, my maui was from version 2, and update maui with updaters.
Today, I decide format and made a fresh install.
Beofre this, any error in boot and or restart.

Well, I made a manually partition, one partition with 512mb fat32 for boot/efi and flag esp.
Other partition in ext4 for /
Last partition in ext4 for /home
In SSD.

Install, and when install updates and restart I have some error mesage.

I try to made a photo with my smartphone, but the quality is slow and not view the letters.

I made a video for view the errors.

This is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_cC2xpUl9s

I don't have any partition btrfs.

I have two hard drive mechanical in ntfs for dades.

Also, I view that, after install updates and restart, my grub are a text grub, and not graphical grub, I use a internal graphical card of kabylake I5.
But, after install, before install updates of maui, the grub was a graphical grub, after install updates, change to text grub.

Thanks and regards.
The error is safe to be ignored. That probably comes with the new kernel that detects a faulty ACPI implementation on your mainboard.

As for the graphical grub make sure that the GRUB_THEME is set in /etc/default/grub.
It should be set to /boot/grub/themes/maui. If it isn't please do this (you need root rights [sudo]) and run update-grub aswell.
Ok, yes, like I was a fresh install and my system are empty, before read at you, I made other fresh install.
Yes, the error its like you indicate, for the new kernel 4.10.x (my mainboard are very newer...) but with the kernel 4.8.x any message.

But in this version (fresh install) I view that, when restart computer, appears a message that, the filesystem search for btrfs.

About of grub, like I made a new fres install, when install the update of grub2 and prompt if you wan replace the file or not, in this time, I indicate not replace old file (I don't read your reply...).

Also, I ivew that, root services in Dolphin not works, I'm explained:
I have activate in dolphin services, root services like open with dolphin, or open like text...all root services.
Now, when I click right mouse and click root-open (a file or folder) not open any, not works...
With my old 17.06 upgraded from older version, I can open this files / folders with root service in dolphin.

Thanks and regards!!!
Quote:But in this version (fresh install) I view that, when restart computer, appears a message that, the filesystem search for btrfs.
This is the filechecker for btrfs. It's just looking for a btrfs filesystem to check. If you don't have any btrfs filesystem it will do nothing.

Quote:I have activate in dolphin services, root services like open with dolphin, or open like text...all root services.
We have those deactivated for a reason by default.
Upstream so the KDE devs are working on a replacement which uses policykit and then does not need to start the whole application as root just to perform actions like writing to a config file that the user does not have the rights to. In the meanwhile the applications itself disallow being executed as root/sudo.

If you need to copy/move stuff around there are the copy and move options in root actions that you can activate and that work fine.
The command EDITOR=kate sudoedit /path/to/file/you/want/to/edit/with/sudo/rights.txt will start a normal user kate session but will use sudo after saved and finished editing to copy the file to the right folder.
(3rd August 2017, 9:34)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]This is the filechecker for btrfs. It's just looking for a btrfs filesystem to check. If you don't have any btrfs filesystem it will do nothing.
Ok, thanks.

Quote:We have those deactivated for a reason by default.
Upstream so the KDE devs are working on a replacement which uses policykit and then does not need to start the whole application as root just to perform actions like writing to a config file that the user does not have the rights to. In the meanwhile the applications itself disallow being executed as root/sudo.
Ok, I understand.

Quote:If you need to copy/move stuff around there are the copy and move options in root actions that you can activate and that work fine.
The command EDITOR=kate sudoedit /path/to/file/you/want/to/edit/with/sudo/rights.txt will start a normal user kate session but will use sudo after saved and finished editing to copy the file to the right folder.

Sorry, this, I don't understand very well.
I don't need copy/move, I need edit some files (like fstab, hosts...) and this files I need open like root.

Regards!
Yeah like I said you can edit those files with the command I wrote above. This code however needs to be executed from the command line as there is no graphical user interface for sudoedit.