Maui Forums

Full Version: Bug / desktop nvidia graphic card driver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
In the first time, sorry, I don't know what better subject for this.

Well, this problem I have since first day I use Maui, but always I updated Maui.
Now, whith last version 17.06 I format and made a fresh install and view the problem is smaller.

This is the problem:
[Image: Screenshot_20170911_215544.png]

Always, always after restart computer from suspend.

I suspend my computer and when wake up from suspend, I have this problem.

Little problem? Well...its possible, but ugly problem Smile

I made some tests, this results:

Fresh install with integrated graphic card of my intel cpu (kabylake).
Not have this problem.

Fresh install with my nvidia graphic card but with nouveau driver:
Not have this problem.

Fresh install with my nvidia graphic card with privative driver (system settings-devide manager and recommended driver).
I have this problem.

The graphic card works fine, tested in others computers and with windows and graphic card works fine.

Regards!
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately the Nvidia driver is a proprietary one so we can't do much to help you on this issue.
Nvidia needs to fix it ultimatively.
What you could try however is seeing if changing the compositor settings from OpenGL 3 to 2 or the other way around helps solving the issue.
I forgot, also, always when restart computer from suspend, also, appears a icon indicate that, Kwin was restart.

(12th September 2017, 23:40)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately the Nvidia driver is a proprietary one so we can't do much to help you on this issue.
Nvidia needs to fix it ultimatively.
What you could try however is seeing if changing the compositor settings from OpenGL 3 to 2 or the other way around helps solving the issue.

Are sure about this?

In my old linux dist (Linux mint) I have the same graphic card and same driver and not have this problem.

This problem appears when I change from linux mint to maui.
In Maui, since first day, I have this problem.
But in Linux Mint, not, not have this problem.

I can install, again, in other partition, Linux Mint for test.

Aren't a big problem, but its a ugly aesthetic problem.

Regards!!
Quote:Are sure about this?
Yes I am totally sure about this. Its a proprietary driver so if they do something wrong we cannot fix it. We can only workaround the issue.

Quote:In my old linux dist (Linux mint) I have the same graphic card and same driver and not have this problem.
Which most probably uses another desktop!? Or do you use the same desktop here in the same version?
What about Xorg version? Is it the same?
What about the settings? Do you use the same Compositor settings? Same effects ?
(13th September 2017, 19:06)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I am totally sure about this. Its a proprietary driver so if they do something wrong we cannot fix it. We can only workaround the issue.
Ok, I understand...
I only a small user, and I was think that, are possible are other issue, not the propietary driver... Smile

Quote:Which most probably uses another desktop!? Or do you use the same desktop here in the same version?
What about Xorg version? Is it the same?
What about the settings? Do you use the same Compositor settings? Same effects ?

No, my last desktop in LM was are KDE.

But other questions, I don't remember, don't remember Xorg version, settings or Compositor settings...
I don't remember this.

Since I know Maui, I only use Maui.

In this case, where can we go to see if we can find a solution?

Thanks and regards!
I think you need to search for a bug tracker of some sort at nvidia. Maybe there are others who already reported the issue to nvidia in their forums.