Maui Forums

Full Version: Firefox cannot connect to server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(14th November 2017, 10:41)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Please take a look at /etc/resolv.conf and see if it has the correct nameserver (= DNS) set.
lleszek
There are several resolv.conf   when I searched 

/etc/resolv.conf   only # comments  ( do not edit as will be overwritten)
/run/networkmanager/resolv.conf      nameserver = 127.0.1.1  (generated by networkmanager)
/run/resolvconf/resolv.conf                nameserver =127.0.1.1   (generated by resolv.conf)     

This looks like the problem ?    hopefully you have the solution

Dermot 
This is the content of /etc/resolv.conf :
Code:
# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 127.0.1.1
So it is using the dnsmasq DNS Resolving software by default. Thats why your local address 127.0.1.1 is in use here.
This seems not to work for you. So I suggest maybe trying not using dnsmasq.

You can do so by editing /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf and commenting out (# is the character for comments) or remove the line
Code:
dns=dnsmasq

You can then restart the network-manager by executing
Code:
systemctl restart NetworkManager

This should make dns/nameserver resolving work again and it should put the real nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf again.
Hope this works for you.
I have manually changed the nameserver to 127.0.1.1 in /etc/resolv.conf disconnected wireless and re connected and I am pleased to say this reply is from Maui computer , Still have to switch off and reboot but this is a good start .
If problems persist after reboot i will look at your suggestion for editing networkmanager.conf re dns. and let you know how it went

Thanks so far, as I like Maui live cd - esp how easy it was to move around my internal LAN.
Dermot
leszek
All good with internet connection after reboot
Dermot
Pages: 1 2