Maui Forums

Full Version: Maui Linux needs to be MORE ACTIVE to capture the Linux Mint KDE Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
If you would like more Maui I recommend KDE neon, the project upon which Maui is based. It builds the latest KDE software as oon as its released and is a KDE project so you can get help in all the same places as KDE apps would anyway without any separation between distributor and author.

https://neon.kde.org/

Jonathan, KDE neon
ok, but you will reduce your attention for maui and that's not as perspective! And why should I switch to neon? Is neon better than maui? I once tried neon and didn't like it. It has been in some way unfinished.

Is it possible to switch to neon, come back to maui, then switch to netrunner?

Ciao!

Dieter
You're joking ... First, you go from orginal Netrunner based on Ubuntu to Debian. Forcing us who love Netrunner go to MAUI with LT ubuntu base. Later you want to put more work and energy on netrunner again with Debian base??? With this I will choose another distro. Loved the original Netrunner and taught me to love Maui. But now I look for a distro who wants to keep their users ......
(17th November 2017, 20:48)Blyger Wrote: [ -> ]You're joking ... First, you go from orginal Netrunner based on Ubuntu to Debian. Forcing us who love Netrunner go to MAUI with LT ubuntu base. Later you want to put more work and energy on netrunner again with Debian base??? With this I will choose another distro. Loved the original Netrunner and taught me to love Maui. But now I look for a distro who wants to keep their users ......

Y
Hello. This is very sad news. Though i chose to replace Maui earlier this year with oS TW, Maui had continued to occupy a warm fond spot in my heart. I have continued to recommend Maui in other forums to users who want to remain in the .deb stream & still get a great Plasma5 experience. After the substantial disappointment of Mint 18 KDE triggered me to look for better options which lead to the happy discovery of & change to Maui last year, it was on the whole an excellent OS for me. I had sincerely hoped for continued growth & success of the project. Anyway, given that apparently soon a major change is coming, i can only wish the Devs & users every success in that new direction.
(17th November 2017, 13:11)wonder Wrote: [ -> ]I am a old Mint user, chage to Maui when Mint upgrade to KDE 5, since this moment, only user Maui.

Yes, its good iddea indicate to Mint users the Maui option, thanks a one user, I know Maui (and know maui in mint forum).

Teehee. Waving hello. 
I have to say I'm disappointed to hear the news concerning Maui, but because I'm not paying for it, I don't believe I have much to complain about if the developers wish to pursue other projects.  It's their time and energy, after all.

That being said, I have to say also I felt Maui Linux has the closest out of the box experience to Mac OS X in its varied flavors.  In stark contrast to other Linux distros (with the exception of Netrunner), many things in the OS "just work."  Not a great deal of putzing around or "try this hack" -- things in the OS pretty much behaved as one might expect.

Even periodic updates (why Linux devs insist on calling them "semi-rolling releases" is beyond me) under Maui work exceedingly well.  Kernel updates via Update Manager even work fine.  And if I don't want to update stuff, Maui makes it clear to me what's problematic, and what isn't.

So I'm sad to hear "no new ISO" distros of Maui.  I'll continue to use it as long as the security updates come out for Xenial.  But it seems I shall have to start looking for a new distro.  Not sure I want to go back to Netrunner, try Neon, or something else.  As I said, Maui just worked well for me.
(18th November 2017, 3:10)kdemeoz Wrote: [ -> ]
(17th November 2017, 13:11)wonder Wrote: [ -> ]I am a old Mint user, chage to Maui when Mint upgrade to KDE 5, since this moment, only user Maui.

Yes, its good iddea indicate to Mint users the Maui option, thanks a one user, I know Maui (and know maui in mint forum).

Teehee. Waving hello. 

Likewise.
(17th November 2017, 17:15)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Netrunner is defacto the same as Maui but based on Debian.

Maybe it's time to try Netrunner. I came directly to Maui, I did not try Netrunner, but I like many things about Maui that I do not know if they are in netrunner, like their package and kernel updater, installation of proprietary drivers ...
Anyway, thanks for Maui, to you, for always being here in any problem and your support has always been exceptional.

Regards!
(18th November 2017, 3:10)kdemeoz Wrote: [ -> ]

Teehee. Waving hello. 

Yes!! You are this one user that, thanks at you, I know Maui Wink

Hello kdemeoz!!!

And now, I think in change to TW (like you :-P) or try neon...

Good for my eyes view at you! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9