Maui Forums

Full Version: File transfer big size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Is there in the Linux world a software similar to O&O FileDirect? This software makes my computer a cloud for the chosen files. I can send the link to the recipient and he can download the big files directly from my computer. Everything works without a cloud on a server in the US or anywhere else.

Kind regards,
Sigurd
You are looking for either a nextcloud which also offers plenty of other features aswell or syncthing which allows sharing a folder with other peoples. Though they need a syncthing aswell.
So best would be really the nextcloud I guess but you need to setup a webserver for this.
(17th November 2017, 17:49)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]You are looking for either a nextcloud which also offers plenty of other features aswell or syncthing which allows sharing a folder with other peoples. Though they need a syncthing aswell.
So best would be really the nextcloud I guess but you need to setup a webserver for this.

Hi leszek,
Thank you for your interesting information.
Kind regards,
Sigurd