Maui Forums

Full Version: Desktop crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi there,

since about a week i have my complete desktop crashing from time to time.
I have no idea whats causing the crash - the opened programs (mostly dolphin and firefox) still work - but the control panel goes and the desktop is not any longer reachable (minimizing programs leaves the minimized programs "picture").

It can easily be restarted via opening yakuake/f12 and the command

kstart plasmashell

anyone else encountering this?
Nope, mine works OK with all updates installed..
Can you try looking in ~/.xsession-errors if there is any error message regarding plasmashell.
(22nd December 2017, 10:52)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Can you try looking in ~/.xsession-errors if there is any error message regarding plasmashell.

lets see - i found those lines containing plasmashell (after the restart + leaving out the entries in that long memory map list):

Code:
*** Error in `/usr/bin/plasmashell': double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x00007f88080085a0 ***
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/bin/plasmashell from kdeinit
kdeinit5: Got EXEC_NEW '/usr/bin/plasmashell' from wrapper.
kdeinit5: preparing to launch '/usr/bin/plasmashell'
KCrash: Application Name = plasmashell path = /usr/bin pid = 17302
KCrash: Arguments: /usr/bin/plasmashell
ksmserver: startKilling: client  "/usr/bin/plasmashell" ( 10fcd69d9a000151396030400000022410041 )
ksmserver: Starting autostart service  "/etc/xdg/autostart/org.kde.plasmashell.desktop"
ksmserver: Starting autostart service  "/etc/xdg/autostart/plasmashell.desktop"
ksmserver: autostart service ("/usr/bin/plasmashell") finished with exit code  0
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/bin/plasmashell from kdeinit
ksmserver: autostart service ("/usr/bin/plasmashell") finished with exit code  14