Maui Forums

Full Version: Maui update program 2 wiped out plasma 5 and all programs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Maui 2 wiped out plasma 5 and all programs
Today I started the update, the Mint python program in Maui 2.x. The program instead of the update wiped off the entire plasma and all programs. Now it's just CLI Ubuntu-Maui naked. This is a dangerous situation that once happened to me with Mint and Plasma 5. In this situation, I worked with ppa purge Oibaf drivers and instead of deleting drivers, the system cleared the entire plasma and all the programs. This is a timed bomb in Ubuntu based distribution with plasma 5.
I can not believe that the Mint Update application will delete anything without telling the user.
But if you want to be on the safe side and it seems like you have the capability use apt-get (or apt) instead of Mint Update.
(28th January 2018, 22:55)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]I can not believe that the Mint Update application will delete anything without telling the user.
But if you want to be on the safe side and it seems like you have the capability use apt-get (or apt) instead of Mint Update.

Believed or not, but it is true. I am not a kid but an older man who spent his working life working on mainframe computers. I started updater and there is no command that in this Mint's updater that Maui uses orders to wipe out the entire plasma 5 and all programs. Simply, this program has a hidden error, a time bomb. If you think the system can be returned it is impossible with apt or apt-get. If you think Plasma 5 can be returned and all programs show me, enlighten me. Huh
Just install the netrunner-desktop package and it should install everything necessary.
(28th January 2018, 23:44)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Just install the netrunner-desktop package and it should install everything necessary.

Are you kidding with me? You suggest installing a Debian based distro instead of Maui 2. So you have no solution to recover the Maui 2 distribution.
Thanks for nothing, this is a solution like the time of Windows 98. Confused

[closed]
Sorry. I meant the maui-desktop package Tongue
Smile
(29th January 2018, 13:53)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry. I meant the maui-desktop package Tongue

Thank you, I returned but some parts are incomplete, the example of the kinfocenter is missing modules or the old modules are left behind, but it does not say what the modules are named Smile
Is it just the kcm-about-extended? Or is are there more than this? If yes you need a compatible one. So if you have backports activated choose the version from backports in synaptic
(29th January 2018, 18:48)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just the kcm-about-extended? Or is are there more than this? If yes you need a compatible one. So if you have backports activated choose the version from backports in synaptic

I saw that I had a plasma 5.11.3 and before the devastation I did not have that plasma version. Which repositories I really need I do not know. The kinfocenter is located in all other distributions, and in Maui 2 it is now from an unspecified Neon source. I've been updating my program through the Mint Updater program this is part of Maui 2, for all the plazmas it's a recommendation not to work with a synaptic program, and you say uses a synaptic. This turns into a never-ending story, only God knows what needs a repository at the moment. I think the best solution is to wipe this distro, synaptic reports that it has broken packages, when I try to recover it does not find anything and command apt install install -f does not find anything to recover. Huh
I tried to get the system up, I did not succeed, the system started slowly, in the end everything went hell. Angry
Pages: 1 2