Maui Forums

Full Version: hello, in USB 64Gb I try from Windows 8.1 64bit to create in persistent mode... but
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, in USB 64Gb I try from Windows 8.1 64bit to create in persistent mode...

but after 5-6 min "apt get upgrade" writes "no spaces left" ...

what can I do to wan space?
Did you check if you really have persistency activated? E.g. Is df -h showing you enough space on / ? And is the persistency partition/file mounted at all? (should be visible in the list output of df)
It sounds to me that it is still trying to write to the tmpfs ram drive which runs full pretty fast depending on your ram.
(3rd February 2018, 12:23)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Did you check if you really have persistency activated? E.g. Is df -h showing you enough space on / ? And is the persistency partition/file mounted at all? (should be visible in the list output of df)
It sounds to me that it is still trying to write to the tmpfs ram drive which runs full pretty fast depending on your ram.

I have 1.3 Gb from 63Gb USB before "apt get update" and then "apt get upgrade" then minus to 100k,  is in persistent mode, but what can I do to take more space before upgrade from 64Gb? 
That sounds awefully lot like you aren't using persistency. As the Image itself takes about 2 GiB of space. So basically the rest of the drive should be able to store persistency data.
Can you check gparted or kde partitionmanager on the system to check how big the persistency really is on the usb stick. Also are you using a persistency file or a partition?
(3rd February 2018, 13:07)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]That sounds awefully lot like you aren't using persistency. As the Image itself takes about 2 GiB of space. So basically the rest of the drive should be able to store persistency data.
Can you check gparted or kde partitionmanager on the system to check how big the persistency really is on the usb stick. Also are you using a persistency file or a partition?

I don't understand, persistent space is 2Gb, rest spaces about 60Gb writes "windows", what is gparted? and how the space for persistent takes from "windows"? 
I am not sure how 60 GiB states it is windows. Makes no sense to me.
Gparted or KDE Partitionmanager are partition managers that allow you to create partitions, resize, remove and format them.
(4th February 2018, 11:19)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure how 60 GiB states it is windows. Makes no sense to me.
Gparted or KDE Partitionmanager are partition managers that allow you to create partitions, resize, remove  and format them.

thanks.