Maui Forums

Full Version: Plasmazilla - how to build?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to know what you do to build Firefox against plasma.  Seems like a while since an "official" update from the PPA.

Just contemplating this as a hobbyist project, nothing grand.

Tips?  Tricks?  Guidance?  You around, Leszek?
I'll promise to provide updates next week.
In general grab the ubuntu ff package add the integration patches and upload it to plasmazilla for building.
After that I also do testing for every release before it lands in the release ppa
Update: Plasmazilla now updated with Updates for Firefox (61) and Thunderbird (52.9)
Thanks, Leszek, for all your work. Upgraded Firefox, all other updates, and everything running fine.
I was asked to update my version of Firefox.
Plasmazilla repositories are still at the 62 version of firefox.
Did you intend to stop that service ?
Will we have to turn now toward the default ubuntu version of thunderbird ?
Thanks for your suggestions.
SM
Patience please. I intend to update to version 64 which did not had the necessary patches yet.
(14th December 2018, 10:37)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Patience please. I intend to update to version 64 which did not had the necessary patches yet.

Thanks leszek for your implication in maintaining Plasmazilla.
SM
Another case of you don't know what you got 'til its gone.

Since Maui is no longer active, I just made the change to Kubuntu with my new computer build. To my surprise it didn't include Thunderbird. Looking into Thunderbird options I came across Plasmazilla. All this time with Maui I never realized I was using a custom version of Thunderbird build built for Plasma. I'm surprised Kubuntu doesn't use Plasmazilla by default. Now I have to decide if I use stock thunderbird or add the Plasmazilla repo. I hesitate to add untested repos to a new distro. Yet Maui always worked so well

Thank you again leszek for the great distro that you had created in Maui. Its a shame you are no longer able to maintain it. It really never got the recognition it deserved.

Do you have any recomendations about using plasmazilla with Kubuntu. Any links to the proper ppa? Thank you again
(14th January 2019, 18:31)Fargo Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any recomendations about using plasmazilla with Kubuntu.  Any links to the proper ppa?  Thank you again

You can use this one :
https://launchpad.net/~plasmazilla/+arch...ter=xenial
But for the moment not very useful Firefox is still in the 62 version.

SM