Maui Forums
Dropbox icon occasionally disappears - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Software & Applications (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: Dropbox icon occasionally disappears (/showthread.php?tid=23868)

Pages: 1 2

Dropbox icon occasionally disappears - fredhoud - 20th August 2016

@AJSlye, @leszek:
Is occasional disappears of Dropbox icon in the system tray normal? How ever the Dropbox is functioning though. I know KDE had an issue with this in the past. So Is this a software issue, and is it going to get fixed any time soon? 

Another thing, I've noticed is that the KNotes icon won't launch in the system tray either when there are no Dropbox icon.

RE: Dropbox icon occasionally disappears - Pfiff - 24th August 2016

(20th August 2016, 16:22)fredhoud Wrote: @AJSlye, @leszek:
Is occasional disappears of Dropbox icon in the system tray normal? How ever the Dropbox is functioning though. I know KDE had an issue with this in the past. So Is this a software issue, and is it going to get fixed any time soon? 

Another thing, I've noticed is that the KNotes icon won't launch in the system tray either when there are no Dropbox icon.

I have the same problem. There seems to be an empty space in the sysemtray instead of the dropbox-icon ...

Any solutions?

Ciao!

Dieter

RE: Dropbox icon occasionally disappears - AJSlye - 24th August 2016

Did you install dropbox using the package from dropbox itself or use a PPA?

RE: Dropbox icon occasionally disappears - fredhoud - 24th August 2016

(24th August 2016, 21:55)AJSlye Wrote: Did you install dropbox using the package from dropbox itself or use a PPA?

I used the Synaptic Package Manager. I also need to mention that the Dropbox functions fine when the icon is not there, and if you restart it may come back. Past two days the icon has been visible.

RE: Dropbox icon occasionally disappears - Pfiff - 24th August 2016

(24th August 2016, 22:05)fredhoud Wrote:
(24th August 2016, 21:55)AJSlye Wrote: Did you install dropbox using the package from dropbox itself or use a PPA?

I used the Synaptic Package Manager. I also need to mention that the Dropbox functions fine when the icon is not there, and if you restart it may come back. Past two days the icon has been visible.

I used the dropbox package.

And i have a lot of problems to meet the non-visible icon with the cursor and right-click

Ciao!

Dieter

RE: Dropbox icon occasionally disappears - Pfiff - 25th August 2016

No chance to see or feel or find the icon of dropbox in the systray. So I don't have any chance to configurate dropbox!
The systray sucks?

Ciao!
Dieter

RE: Dropbox icon occasionally disappears - leszek - 27th August 2016

There was an issue with dropbox needing to be launched with dbus-launch dropbox in the past. Can you try executing this as autostart for dropbox to see if it makes any difference.
It might be a dropbox specific issue I fear

RE: Dropbox icon occasionally disappears - Pfiff - 27th August 2016

(27th August 2016, 9:15)leszek Wrote: There was an issue with dropbox needing to be launched with dbus-launch dropbox in the past. Can you try executing this as autostart for dropbox to see if it makes any difference.
It might be a dropbox specific issue I fear

Thank yor for your answer.

I put ""dbus-launcher dropbox" in the autostart but nothing changed.

When I start the system you can see, for about a second, a wrong icon appear in the systray. (folder-icon) Then this icon disappears and you can see, if you are lucky, an empty space. 

Any ideas?

Ciao!

Dieter 

RE: Dropbox icon occasionally disappears - leszek - 27th August 2016

Do you have any non standard icons set ?
Which version of dropbox ? I have 8.4.21 here running without a problem.

RE: Dropbox icon occasionally disappears - fredhoud - 27th August 2016

I have installed Dropbox nautius-dropbox via Synaptic Package Manager, on 3 of my desktops with NVIDIA, and Intel GPU. Dropbox works and functions just fine on all of them, but the icon in the system doesn't load all the time when you start the computer. How ever, you'll get the icon to show If you restart a couple of times. Like right this moment there is no icon. I just restarted the computer, and the icon came back. My version is 6.4.21 as well. Also I haven't modify any settings. Everything is Maui in my case.