Maui Forums
A word to say or two - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=80)
+--- Thread: A word to say or two (/showthread.php?tid=23965)

A word to say or two - TheMadOne - 22nd September 2016

Maui linux is a nice distro, it really is.
But that comes the big question: Why was netrunner left behind and abandoned?
Why break what was already good?
Why shatter the small community you already had for a even tinier community with most people from the old distro not know what to do.
Maui seems so... empty in many respects right now.
The awesome artwork from Netrunner now almost gone with Mauis artwork not as good right now.
Sure seeing Synatpic is welcome in a kDE based distro as is the mint update manager.
But I dunno despite this being a very nice looking distro I am unsure if I will use it for long because its a desert here... I can see tumbleweeds instead of a community.
This is not a slam against the distro or developers but more out of concern and curiosity.

RE: A word to say or two - Pfiff - 22nd September 2016

and why do you choose the name "Maui"? It sounds very nice, indeed but not very serious as name for professionel use in companies etc ...

Ciao!
Dieter

RE: A word to say or two - fanisatt - 24th September 2016

Me , not so "romantic" as the above fellows.
Surely I understand the above "meaning"....but , I always keep the best distro (to me and to my hardware) regardless of it's name or it's community.
I have tried a lot of Linux distros the last 10 years. Standard , rolling , semi rolling etc...
Generally I keep some free partitions in the hard disks in order to try ....
Sometimes I could read big words and many congratulations for one or another distro but the distro had finally some serious weaknesses (to me)...
And that's the new version...."ooh community clapping"...and thanks and many thanks and finally...the weaknesses remained the same !
And many updates .... to correct some bugs and to create some other bugs....
I think that enthusiasm is good but seriousness is better !
Oh yes, no one can say that "this or the other is the best KDE Distro" for a distro with the Firefox as the default browser but .... a Firefox without KDE integration !!
Recently I check 4-5 KDE plasma distros...generally good but, there were problems I could accept only on beta versions.... Sometimes I could say "unreasonable" problems and I mean something like : " one step forward and two steps backward...."
Why I can see (many times) such a rush for a new "big distro name" version with "unreasonable" bugs ?
Anyway.,....
MAUI 1 seems (to me) a serious and pioneer distro !!! There is a very good balance between the new plasma , the older kde4 operations and the user's demands and habits, obviously without major , unreasonable and annoying bugs...
I am sure it can be the winner of the "race".
Sorry for my bad English...
Have a nice weekend !