Maui Forums
Recent Applications Menu Entry - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: Recent Applications Menu Entry (/showthread.php?tid=23972)

Pages: 1 2

Recent Applications Menu Entry - fanisatt - 27th September 2016

I use the alternative applications menu (that one with cascading popup menus). Clicking on the "Recent applications" menu entry I can't actually see the recent applications I run. Sometimes it is ok for some applications and sometimes it is not. Somehow it seems that it remembers anything it wants. The first time I used it , I could not notice this problem while I was checking it. After I turned off the PC and turn on again I could see this problem.

RE: Recent Applications Menu Entry - leszek - 27th September 2016

Is there maybe a pattern to those apps that don't appear there ? So maybe only GTK+ Apps ?

RE: Recent Applications Menu Entry - fanisatt - 27th September 2016

I try to understand it . Sometimes it remembers KDE applications , some other times no...!??

RE: Recent Applications Menu Entry - leszek - 28th September 2016

In my tests I could make out a pattern.
All applications started by the menu or using alt+f2 (krunner) will appear in the list.
If you open a file however the application associated to this file won't be added to the list.
The same goes for quick launch items in the panel itself. (pinned tasks)

I am not sure if this is intended or a bug.

RE: Recent Applications Menu Entry - fanisatt - 28th September 2016

(28th September 2016, 12:16)leszek Wrote: In my tests I could make out a pattern.
All applications started by the menu or using alt+f2 (krunner) will appear in the list.
If you open a file however the application associated to this file won't be added to the list.
The same goes for quick launch items in the panel itself. (pinned tasks)

I am not sure if this is intended or a bug.

I just run digikam and gimp consecutively clicking to the appropriate entry in the menu !
2-3 times I did it for each one : click - run and exit.
After this, I can see only digikam into the recent applications entry.

I wonder,  what is truly happenning .....

....and after all these I run rosegarden and gwenview.
I can't see them into the recent applications entry.
So....RELOGIN !!!!
Now , I can see rosegarden and gwenview into the recent applications !!!
But not Gimp......
???!!!!!

Very strange. I cannot reproduce it here. All the apps I run from the menu appear in last used applications sub menu.

...and after this I run Gimp and Inkscape (gtk applications) again and again...
I can't see them into the recent applications..
RELOGIN again...and I can see the inskscape application as a recent one.
Well.....the corresponding commands I can see in KDE Menu Editor in order to run the above applications are "gimp-2.8 %U" and "inkscape %F". I don't know what is the meaning of "%U" or "%F" ! Perhaps it is something..... The "start notification activation" is set to on on both applications. Sorry for my bad English.....

It has nothing todo with the %F or %U as they stand for files or urls and are only used when a parameter is given to the executable.

(28th September 2016, 20:05)leszek Wrote: It has nothing todo with the %F or %U as they stand for files or urls and are only used when a parameter is given to the executable.

ok !
Well , I tried something else ... right click on the recent applications menu entry !
There are two options there. One of them is "avoid all applications" (or something similar - I see it in my Language).
I click here .... and I thought I could change it later but I can't !!! Now...no recent applications at all for me....
I have to restart and check it again.