Maui Forums
Thunderbird its very old - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Software & Applications (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: Thunderbird its very old (/showthread.php?tid=24023)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Thunderbird its very old - kdemeoz - 15th October 2016

(15th October 2016, 11:31)wonder Wrote: Hi kdemeoz Wink

In my case, I download the TB of repo https://launchpad.net/~plasmazilla/+archive/ubuntu/builds and in the first time, all works fine, inclusive Lighting, but now I view that, the extension FireTray, works well, but I have only a one issue, when minimize TB to systray, only I can restore with middle mouse button.
I think in download TB of mozilla website, descompress and move to /usb/lib/ and test.

Regards!

Haha, we communicated back over at Mint, & now again here in Maui   Big Grin

I'm sure it was just a typo & that you didn't mean it, but just in case, i'll point out... it's not "usb", but "usr".

RE: Thunderbird its very old - wonder - 15th October 2016

(15th October 2016, 12:33)kdemeoz Wrote: Haha, we communicated back over at Mint, & now again here in Maui   Big Grin
Yes!! Jejeje, we communicated back over at Mint, and now, again here, in Maui, and thanks at you, I know Maui and now, I user of Maui Wink Smile

Quote:I'm sure it was just a typo & that you didn't mean it, but just in case, i'll point out... it's not "usb", but "usr".

Ohhh!!! Yes, was a error of type, not, not is "usb" is "usr"....I was thinking that for type "usb", jejeje.

Regards!

RE: Thunderbird its very old - wonder - 15th October 2016

Hi,
I made the tests, there are the results:

I download thunderbird from thunderbird website.

I backup my /usr/lib/thunderbird folder.

I deleted /usr/lib/thunderbird folder.

I deleted my home/.thunderbird folder (before, I was made a backup).

I descompress thunderbird of thunderbird website.

Move to /usr/lib/thunderbird folder.

I restore my backup of my /home/.thunderbird folder.

I try to run TB, not run, appears a error, launcher called to /usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird.sh This file aren't in compress file downloaded of thunderbird website.

I copy this file from my backup of /usr/lib/thunderbird.

Now, starts well, and all works fine, Lighting works fine but the extension of Firetray continue with the same issue, when minimize to systray, for open, one normal click not work, I need click in middle mouse button for open/maximize TB.
Its possible interference of thunderbird.sh file or thunderbird-plasma package? I don't know... Smile

RE: Thunderbird its very old - kdemeoz - 16th October 2016

Hi again wonder. I don't use Firetray [don't even know what it is], so i can't offer any comment on that. Regarding your other points, i'd offer two remarks:

1. You didn't need IMO to actually delete your Profile [ie, "/home/.thunderbird"], as that's only "data", not "programs" which actually are the focus here in this exercise [ie, "/usr/lib/thunderbird"].

2. I didn't delete my original TB pgm folder, instead i renamed it as "/usr/lib/thunderbird_38.8/", just in case i ever might want to return to it in future [unlikely]. Having read your post, i then compared my "/usr/lib/thunderbird_38.8/" against "/usr/lib/thunderbird/" [ie, my 45.4.0 that i had previously manually put there] in Dolphin via split screen, & was very surprised to confirm what you said, ie, TB 45.4.0 does not have/use that *.sh file. However, here's the interesting thing; i examined my Launchers, both in Cairo-Dock [= my primary launch tool, & via which i run most of my pgms in the FireJail sandbox] & also in the Maui Applications Menu, for both TB 45.4.0 Release, & TB 49.0 Beta. In each case, my launchers do NOT call ".../thunderbird.sh", but only the adjacent executable ".../thunderbird"... & my TB [both Release & Beta] have always worked fine for me this way. Maybe you could also try this?

Cairo-Dock Launcher Command:
(a) Release = firejail /usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird
(b) Beta = firejail /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird

Applications Menu Launcher Command:
(a) Release = thunderbird %u
(b) Beta = /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird

RE: Thunderbird its very old - wonder - 16th October 2016

Hi kdemeoz again Smile Smile.

Firetray its good extension, you can change the default icon for when you not have new mail or when you have new mail, and can configured appears the icon with the numers of news mails, or only with other icon when you have new mail (this is only one example).

Yes, I know that are not necessary deleted my home folder/.thunderbird but before this deleted, I was made a backup and when start the tests I use my old backup of home folder/.thunderbird of my old distro (although I know that does not interfere and cause no problem, I wanted to do "clean"

After deleted my /usr/lib/thunderbird I was made a backup, for if after I have some problem, can return to original version Smile

About that you indicate, I'm surprise with this...
Yes, the package thunderbird downloaded of tb website, not contain thunderbird.sh

In the first moment, I think that, are not problem for run, but in my case yes, if I don't have this file, the launchers not open TB.
But in your case, yes, open TB without any problem...

At the moment, I dont have install Cairo-Dock, tomorrow I go to install Cairo-dock.

I launh TB of default launcher of Maui.

Now I go to Applications Menu Launcherm and I go to TB, click and edit Properties, and I view this:
Order: thunderbird %u

I view all ok, but only I think this...because is strange...

You have installed thunderbird-plasma package?

If you want, tomorrow I can screenshots.

Regards! Smile

RE: Thunderbird its very old - kdemeoz - 16th October 2016

It seems very strange that my Maui [or also Mint 17.3 before it] does not need that *.sh file that yours calls for, but yet mine all works fine. ???

I personally did not manually install that thunderbird-plasma package, but i just checked now & yes it is installed [presumably therefore it's a part of the standard Maui installation].

It's unclear to me why Cairo-Dock will behave better for you than your Maui Applications Menu in this matter, but as CD is a really marvellous tool to have, i suspect you'll enjoy it anyway... & hopefully it might then also work for you re TB as well as it does for me. I confess however that i still suspect there's something else that we're missing / not noticing, that might be the real root cause of your problem.

What do you see if you try launching TB "my way" but this time in Konsole?

RE: Thunderbird its very old - leszek - 19th October 2016

Update: We decided to update Thunderbird-Plasma to version 45.3 today. This will on normal installations throw the error about lightning incompatibilities. We advise everyone to remove the lightning addon and install the package xul-ext-lightning from the repository. (it should be also in the plasmazilla releases ppa)

We are sorry for the inconveniences. But this is the best solution we came up with as every other one would mess around in the users home directories and that has a high potential to fail.

RE: Thunderbird its very old - kdemeoz - 19th October 2016

Thank you.

RE: Thunderbird its very old - wonder - 19th October 2016

(16th October 2016, 2:42)kdemeoz Wrote: It seems very strange that my Maui [or also Mint 17.3 before it] does not need that *.sh file that yours calls for, but yet mine all works fine. ???

I personally did not manually install that thunderbird-plasma package, but i just checked now & yes it is installed [presumably therefore it's a part of the standard Maui installation].

It's unclear to me why Cairo-Dock will behave better for you than your Maui Applications Menu in this matter, but as CD is a really marvellous tool to have, i suspect you'll enjoy it anyway... & hopefully it might then also work for you re TB as well as it does for me. I confess however that i still suspect there's something else that we're missing / not noticing, that might be the real root cause of your problem.

What do you see if you try launching TB "my way" but this time in Konsole?

Yes, its very strange that I need my *.sh file for run TB....
About thunderbird-plasma package, ok.

Yes, In the past, I was used Cairo Dock and know how good is, but until today, I don't have time for install Cairo Dock, but I want install it.

Sure, I also suspect there's sometingh else that we're missing / not noticing that mught be the real root cause for my problem...

If I try to launch TB from Konsole, TB run well, but appears this in Konsole:

~$ thunderbird

(thunderbird:10050): Gtk-WARNING **: Imposible encontrar el motor de temas en la ruta al _modulo: «adwaita»,

(thunderbird:10050): Gtk-WARNING **: Imposible encontrar el motor de temas en la ruta al _modulo: «adwaita»,
[calBackendLoader] Using libical backend at /home/wonder/.thunderbird/yvresagy.default/extensions/{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}/components/libical-manifest
15:56:23.309 WARN firetray.Handler Chat not supported for this environment. Chat not loaded
1476885503574   addons.update-checker   WARN    Update manifest for {972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} did not contain an updates property
1476885503991   addons.update-checker   WARN    Update manifest for thunderbird-hotfix@mozilla.org did not contain an updates property

Call to theme "adwaita" and I don't know how theme its.

@ leszek:
Thank you!!

RE: Thunderbird its very old - wonder - 21st October 2016

Hello.
Today, I made a fresh installation in my tower.
Before this fresh installation, I backup my .thunderbird folder of my home.

I update all my system, and also, TB are updated by Maui.

I copy my .thunderbird backup and restore in my new home folder.

I start TB, and not, not indicate any error with lightning addon.

Regards.