Maui Forums
Thunderbird Update breaks Lightning - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Software & Applications (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: Thunderbird Update breaks Lightning (/showthread.php?tid=24041)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Thunderbird Update breaks Lightning - leszek - 12th April 2017

We don't provide newer versions currently.
Ubuntus repo might have a newer version but then you need to get also the lightning AddOn from there.

RE: Thunderbird Update breaks Lightning - wonder - 13th April 2017

Ok, thanks.
Yes, I view in the ubuntu repos for upgrade TB, but I preferer continue with plasmazilla.

I test, download TB from website, uncompress and before, disabled lightning Addon, works fine.

But like I indicate, I preferer use plasmazilla version for the moment, until I need update TB.

Regards.

RE: Thunderbird Update breaks Lightning - kdemeoz - 14th April 2017

Hi wonder. FYI, my TB is 45.3.0, & its Lightning is 4.7.4 [30/10/16]. It works fine in my Tower; all good.

EDIT -- Sorry, i just realised you want newer than 45.3.0. Silly me.

RE: Thunderbird Update breaks Lightning - wonder - 14th April 2017

Hi kdemeoz!!
Yes, I want update TB. All was started because I view a newer version of Lightning, when I try to install indicate that its not valid for this TB version and I investigate and view that, TB have more newers versions.

Regards!!!

RE: Thunderbird Update breaks Lightning - wonder - 20th April 2017

Hi,
Today I received a update for TB to 45.8
When restart TB indicate that the Lightning are not compatible with this new version of TB.

RE: Thunderbird Update breaks Lightning - leszek - 20th April 2017

xul-ext-lightning is part of TB and got an update aswell so it should work if you are using it.

Ups, yes, its correct.

But for some reasson in my TB not work (its possible for my tests in the last days).

I uninstall xul-ext-lightning and remove Lightning in TB, I reinstall xul-ext-lightning and now, appears and works fine.

But appears in english, and my language are spanish, also, I have installed thunderbird-locale-es and thunderbird-locale-es-es
But continue lightning in english...

RE: Thunderbird Update breaks Lightning - leszek - 20th April 2017

Lightning should have its own language pack however this seems to be not part of the thunderbird package.

Yes, before this update calendar/lightning appears in my language (spanish) after this update (and reinstallation for my problems) appears in english.
I search in synaptic for if I view some package of lightning for language, but I don't view any.

RE: Thunderbird Update breaks Lightning - wonder - 21st April 2017

Solved, I go to lighning page, downloaded the version for we TB version, reinstall and now works fine and in my language.