Maui Forums
Installer of Maui 2 have a error language - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Installation (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: Installer of Maui 2 have a error language (/showthread.php?tid=24127)

Installer of Maui 2 have a error language - wonder - 24th November 2016

Hi,
I know that, are other open thread with the similar subject, but I think that, are other problem.

Yesterday, I format my laptop and install Maui2.

When finish the installation appears this error:

[Image: 9d249e850210acdf3a70eef3c2777135o.jpg]

The installer, can't install the language packs of my language.

Click in close, restart computer and all workss fine.

Go to synaptic for install the language packs, but I have the same error.

When I upgrade Maui with the all updates and restart computer, I can install the language packs, but I need update Maui for can install this language packs.

Regards.

RE: Installer of Maui 2 have a error language - leszek - 24th November 2016

Thats a normal issue we can't do anything about actually.
Its simply that the repositories and language packages have been updated after we created our ISO. So the package list is slightly out of date and needs an apt-get update to refresh.

With the fixed installer in our testing repo we have added an option to run this apt-get update before trying to install the language packs.
So this issue should be fixed with the new installer. However on the live session itself you still need to run apt-get update to install language packages or others.

So in general thanks for reporting the issue. It is fixed already with the calamares installer in our testing repo.

RE: Installer of Maui 2 have a error language - wonder - 24th November 2016

Ok, thanks at you/team Maui!

Its good solution add an option to run apt-get update before trying to install the language packs.

In other, I view that, the language packs that install calamares are (in this example, for spanish, is the language that I use):
kde-l10n-es
libreoffice-l10n-es
language-pack-es
firefox-locale-es
thunderbird-locale-es

Also, I install this packages:
language-pack-es-base
language-pack-gnome-es
language-pack-gnome-es-base
thunderbird-locale-es-es (this last for when update, continue in spanish)

The 3 first I install because, by default, are installed in english, for this reasson I think that, are good iddea install also for my language.

Again, thanks at you!

RE: Installer of Maui 2 have a error language - leszek - 24th November 2016

Quote:Also, I install this packages:
language-pack-es-base
language-pack-gnome-es
language-pack-gnome-es-base
thunderbird-locale-es-es

Those should be pulled as dependencies/recommends from the other packages automatically.

RE: Installer of Maui 2 have a error language - wonder - 26th November 2016

One tip for view if I understand well,
You indicate that, when install other packages, this packages (packages of my last post) are dependencies and automatically install?
If yes, if I remember well, when I install, for example, language-pack-es, yes, automatically install language-pack-es-base, but: language-pack-gnome-xx are not install, I need install manually (by synaptic), also, I need install manually thunderbird-locale-es-es.
Sorry if I don't understand well.
Regards!