Maui Forums
Flash / videosand firefox - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Software & Applications (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: Flash / videosand firefox (/showthread.php?tid=24182)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Flash / videosand firefox - wonder - 23rd December 2016

Yes, is very disappointing, and frustration for me, because for videos, I can't use firefox. But its strange, this problem are since a few days ago...
I think that, in my tower, like I have a nvidia graphics card and I have a kwin.sh in /etc/profile.d, if this is the problem, but in laptop, I don't have nvidia graphic card and kwin.sh, and this problem I have in my 2 computers, a tower and a laptop (with different hardware).
In the laptop is more slow than my tower.
Others users not have the same problem? If not, its possible some config of my profile of firefox?
They are only thoughts...

Sorry, forget to mention the error in konsole when execute: export MOZ_USE_OMTC=1 ; firefox

After a few seconds appear this in konsole:
Code:
~$ export MOZ_USE_OMTC=1 ; firefox
Vector smash protection is enabled.

(/usr/lib/firefox/plugin-container:4708): Gtk-WARNING **: Imposible encontrar el motor de temas en la ruta al _modulo: «adwaita»,

(/usr/lib/firefox/plugin-container:4708): Gtk-WARNING **: Imposible encontrar el motor de temas en la ruta al _modulo: «adwaita»,

RE: Flash / videosand firefox - kdemeoz - 23rd December 2016

Hi wonder. I can't help at all directly, sorry, but i was wondering... why do you prefer to use Firefox? Have you considered something a bit more "radical", like Vivaldi? I love this browser, it's the heir-apparent to the venerable Opera 12.x, created & developed by many of the original team. I've been using it since its Alpha & Beta in early & mid 2015. It was quite unstable back then, but has been frankly excellent since. It has many exciting innovations already, with many more still coming. As it's my primary browser on both PCs, it is also thus my primary/exclusive tool for my nightly Netflix watching, & daily incidental YouTube videos, + regular local tv live-streaming & playback. For me, most* of the time, it works fine for all these [*most, rather than all, the time, only coz i prefer to use the Snapshots, more than the Stable versions... the former sometimes temporarily break things as they are cutting edge, but even when that happens, the fixes frequently occur within that week or the next, & in the (extremely rare) case of a bigger fault, the Stable versions are a reliable fallback]. 

Just thought i'd let you know of this alternative, fyi.

RE: Flash / videosand firefox - leszek - 23rd December 2016

Back to the problem Smile
If it is nvidia and an nvidia proprietary driver maybe reinstalling the driver can help. So enter the driver manager in systemsettings switch back to the nouveau driver and restart. Then test it with nouveau just to be sure it is really the graphicsdriver. If it works fine try the driver manager again with the recommend nvidia driver there.

Also just btw. Please use another image uploading website. The one you link to is not save to use without adblocking or on a mobile phone.

RE: Flash / videosand firefox - wonder - 24th December 2016

(23rd December 2016, 11:40)leszek Wrote: Back to the problem Smile
If it is nvidia and an nvidia proprietary driver maybe reinstalling the driver can help. So enter the driver manager in systemsettings switch back to the nouveau driver and restart. Then test it with nouveau just to be sure it is really the graphicsdriver. If it works fine try the driver manager again with the recommend nvidia driver there.

Also just btw. Please use another image uploading website. The one you link to is not save to use without adblocking or on a mobile phone.

Again here with the problem Smile (today I can't test because I was are in my work and in my work have a laptop, in my house, a tower with nvidia).
Well, I back to the nouveau driver and restart and....any change, all same, the same problem....
Again, I install a propietary driver (the recommend) but any change, with nouveau or with nvidia driver......

kdemeoz Wrote:Hi wonder. I can't help at all directly, sorry, but i was wondering... why do you prefer to use Firefox? Have you considered something a bit more "radical", like Vivaldi? I love this browser, it's the heir-apparent to the venerable Opera 12.x, created & developed by many of the original team. I've been using it since its Alpha & Beta in early & mid 2015. It was quite unstable back then, but has been frankly excellent since. It has many exciting innovations already, with many more still coming. As it's my primary browser on both PCs, it is also thus my primary/exclusive tool for my nightly Netflix watching, & daily incidental YouTube videos, + regular local tv live-streaming & playback. For me, most* of the time, it works fine for all these [*most, rather than all, the time, only coz i prefer to use the Snapshots, more than the Stable versions... the former sometimes temporarily break things as they are cutting edge, but even when that happens, the fixes frequently occur within that week or the next, & in the (extremely rare) case of a bigger fault, the Stable versions are a reliable fallback].

Just thought i'd let you know of this alternative, fyi.
Hi kdemeoz!!
A new discovery for me this browser. I don't know that exist this browser.
Today, I read in her web and install in my work (all day working with vivaldi Smile) and in my house, this night, also I installed vivaldi, also, snapshot.
Only today for work with vivaldi, but I'm very very surprised, works very fine, very very fine.
Again, thanks at you, other discovery for me, my first discovery thanks at you was Maui Smile and today vivaldi.
Installed since first day I discovery in my two computers and are my system work and after today, I think the same with vivaldi.

Regards!!!

PS: I think about the problem with firefox that, have bad solution, also if other users not indicate the same problem, but its strange, because this problem I have in my two computers (with different hardware/graphic card).
Regards and....Merry Christmas!

RE: Flash / videosand firefox - kdemeoz - 24th December 2016

Hi wonder -- oh i'm so pleased that you like Vivaldi -- it is still only relatively young [< 2 yrs] but already has a band of enthusiastic supporters globally. Its devs are highly energetic & motivated, & innovative; Vivaldi already has many capabilities way beyond other browsers, & as i said before, many more are still coming. Tab stacks [user-nameable], page tiling, web-panels, nested speeddials, mouse-gestures are just some of the reasons this browser is so fabulous for me. FYI: https://vivalditips.com/ [may not be fully up to date]. Also, make sure you play around thoroughly with Settings, to find your perfect combination. PS - Most Chrome extensions work fine in Vivaldi too.

Having found Maui as my preferred OS, & Vivaldi as my preferred browser, computing is pretty sweet these days   Big Grin