Maui Forums
Update and Digikam - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Software & Applications (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: Update and Digikam (/showthread.php?tid=24210)

Pages: 1 2 3

Update and Digikam - smoreau - 5th January 2017

The last update (Plasma 5.8.4) led to the unstallation of digikam, kipi-plugin and some related dependences.The only way I found was to proceed to a new installation after update but I had to repeat the attempts twice before succeeding.
Is there a better way ?

Thanks for suggestions.

SM

RE: Update and Digikam - leszek - 6th January 2017

There is a new digikam version in the backports-neon repo. So maybe try reinstalling. If it isn't working please give us the error message that you get when trying to install it from the terminal.

RE: Update and Digikam - smoreau - 6th January 2017

(6th January 2017, 12:01)leszek Wrote: There is a new digikam version in the backports-neon repo. So maybe try reinstalling. If it isn't working please give us the error message that you get when trying to install it from the terminal.

At the first attempt to reinstall it, there was a message which mention ffmpegthumbs. Then at the next selection of digikam (in synaptic) it installs successfully mentioning something like "back to a previous version" but all is OK. Same thing for kipi-plugin.
That why I asked if the simple way was not to uninstall digikam or kipi-plugin first.
SM

RE: Update and Digikam - Bergoglio - 6th January 2017

Hi,

I tried to reinstall kipi-plugins because I need them inside Gwenview but from Synaptic I have this error

kipi-plugins:
Dipende: kipi-plugins-common v.(=4:5.3.0-0neon+16.04+build2), ma verrà installata v.4:5.3.0-0neon+16.04+build11

and from terminal

cristiano@cristiano-P65-P67RGRERA:~$ sudo apt-get install -f kipi-plugins
Lettura elenco dei pacchetti... Fatto
Generazione albero delle dipendenze
Lettura informazioni sullo stato... Fatto
Alcuni pacchetti non possono essere installati. Questo può voler dire
che è stata richiesta una situazione impossibile oppure, se si sta
usando una distribuzione in sviluppo, che alcuni pacchetti richiesti
non sono ancora stati creati o sono stati rimossi da Incoming.
Le seguenti informazioni possono aiutare a risolvere la situazione:

I seguenti pacchetti hanno dipendenze non soddisfatte:
kipi-plugins : Dipende: kipi-plugins-common (= 4:5.3.0-0neon+16.04+build2) ma la versione 4:5.3.0-0neon+16.04+build11 sta per essere installata
E: Impossibile correggere i problemi, ci sono pacchetti danneggiati bloccati.

What must I do ?

RE: Update and Digikam - Bergoglio - 6th January 2017

Ok, I have the same situation like for Smoreau.

I tried a second time in Synaptic and It does a regression of kipi-plugins-common, so now kipi-plugins works good inside Gwenview.

RE: Update and Digikam - smoreau - 6th January 2017

Leszek what could have happen if at the first step of the reinstallation of digikam and Kipi-plugin we do ? :
sudo apt-get install digikam kipi-plugin -f

SM

RE: Update and Digikam - leszek - 6th January 2017

Force install is never good. Might break stuff.

RE: Update and Digikam - Spargeltarzan - 6th January 2017

Hello,

My DigiKam is also uninstalled after update to 5.8.4.

Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
digikam : Hängt ab von: libkf5kipi31.0.0 soll aber nicht installiert werden
Hängt ab von: libmarblewidget-qt5-25 soll aber nicht installiert werden
E: Probleme können nicht korrigiert werden, Sie haben zurückgehaltene defekte Pakete.

Also Synaptics doesn't install. What exactly did you to get it work?
Thanks
Richard

RE: Update and Digikam - smoreau - 7th January 2017

(6th January 2017, 22:15)Spargeltarzan Wrote: Hello,

My DigiKam is also uninstalled after update to 5.8.4.

Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
digikam : Hängt ab von: libkf5kipi31.0.0 soll aber nicht installiert werden
          Hängt ab von: libmarblewidget-qt5-25 soll aber nicht installiert werden
E: Probleme können nicht korrigiert werden, Sie haben zurückgehaltene defekte Pakete.

Also Synaptics doesn't install. What exactly did you to get it work?
Thanks
Richard

Just using synaptic and selecting for installation à second time, and in that case it succeeded and you got the message shown by bergoglio

RE: Update and Digikam - Nordlicht - 7th January 2017

Hello,

I am also affected by this problem. I use aptitude for installations and updates.

The resolver proposes to remove the following packages (not all at the same time):
- digikam
- gwenview
- kde-baseapps-bin
- kipi-plugins
- libkf5kipi31.0.0
- libmarblewidget-qt5-25
- marble
- marble-plugins
- neon-desktop
- rootactions-servicemenu
- showfoto
These are for me quite strong issues as digikam & showfoto are important programs for me.

I was digging a bit deeper into the problem using aptitude and I found these two problems with dependencies (maybe there are more):
- libkf5kipi32.0.0, which is demanded by gwenview (in 5.8.4) is marked as broken, because libkf5kipi31.0.0 is installed (on which the actual verion of digikam (4:5.3.0-0neon+16.04+build11) depends)
- libmarblewidget-qt5-25 depends exactly ('=') on libastro1 in version 4:16.08.3-0neon+16.04+built1, which is being updated to version 4:16.12.0-0neon+16.04+build2

I was also surprised that digikam 5.3.0-0neon+16.04-build11 depends exactly on digikam-data 5.3.0-0neon+16.04-build2 despite build11 of digikam-data is actually installed.

Then I found out that kdialog, which is new in 5.8.4, collides with kde-baseapps-bin from upstream. And this is a really big problem for me, because kde-baseapps-bin is drawn in not only by rootactions-servicemenu, but also by pipelight, which comes from the ppa. This is a real deal-breaker, probably also for others!

I hope that the developers get the problems with dependencies sorted out soon. At the moment, I have deactivated the backports due to these issues. So, I am stuck with 5.8.3 for now.

Thanks for great mauilinux, Thomas