Maui Forums
Update and Digikam - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Software & Applications (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: Update and Digikam (/showthread.php?tid=24210)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Update and Digikam - fanisatt - 7th January 2017

I wish a happy new year for all !
Just the same for me as Nordlicht wrote !
Thanks !

RE: Update and Digikam - ali_deda - 7th January 2017

(5th January 2017, 23:07)smoreau Wrote: The last update (Plasma 5.8.4) led to the unstallation of digikam, kipi-plugin and some related dependences.The only way I found was to proceed to a new installation after update but I had to repeat the attempts twice before succeeding.
Is there a better way ?

Thanks for suggestions.

SM

We constantly confuse me, Maui forum and constantly writes some plasmas 5.8.4 which is not in Maui 2 distro. New Neon has a plasma 5.8.5
Are you a Maui 2 beta tester or write about another distribution.

RE: Update and Digikam - fanisatt - 7th January 2017

(7th January 2017, 13:44)ali_deda Wrote:
(5th January 2017, 23:07)smoreau Wrote: The last update (Plasma 5.8.4) led to the unstallation of digikam, kipi-plugin and some related dependences.The only way I found was to proceed to a new installation after update but I had to repeat the attempts twice before succeeding.
Is there a better way ?

Thanks for suggestions.

SM

We constantly confuse me, Maui forum and constantly writes some plasmas 5.8.4 which is not in Maui 2 distro. New Neon has a plasma 5.8.5
Are you a Maui 2 beta tester or write about another distribution.
Maui users  (1 & 2) can update their distro (if they want) via specific Maui/KDE-Neon backports. These (Neon) updates are not given immediately to the Maui users but , after some testing by the Maui team!

RE: Update and Digikam - ali_deda - 7th January 2017

(7th January 2017, 14:38)@fanisatt Wrote:
Quote:Maui users  (1 & 2) can update their distro (if they want) via specific Maui/KDE-Neon backports. These (Neon) updates are not given immediately to the Maui users but , after some testing by the Maui team!

Why do that when you've got Neon plasma 5.8.5 if you are not beta tester
When Maui 2 developers make a version that works with plasma 5.8.5 sit down and do a regular update Big Grin
I have Naon with plasma 5.8.5 working ok, I have Mint KDE 18 withith backport plasma 5.8.5. Mint has a problem and Kubuntu 16.04
with calendar PIM events, PIM disappeared from digital clock Huh Nowhere on google I have not found a solution. Huh

RE: Update and Digikam - fanisatt - 8th January 2017

(7th January 2017, 19:46)ali_deda Wrote:
(7th January 2017, 14:38)@fanisatt Wrote:
Quote:Maui users  (1 & 2) can update their distro (if they want) via specific Maui/KDE-Neon backports. These (Neon) updates are not given immediately to the Maui users but , after some testing by the Maui team!

Why do that when you've got Neon plasma 5.8.5 if you are not beta tester
When Maui 2 developers make a version that works with plasma 5.8.5 sit down and do a regular update Big Grin
I have Naon with plasma 5.8.5 working ok, I have Mint KDE 18 withith backport plasma 5.8.5. Mint has a problem and Kubuntu 16.04
with calendar PIM events, PIM disappeared from digital clock Huh Nowhere on google I have not found a solution. Huh
I think that, nowadays, some Linux OSs developers are moving forward very quickly in specific areas,  without a real or/and a similar interest for the overall OS harmony  with obvious implications on system usability, stability and security !

Νot so surprising to see Debian stable in second place of popularity (Distrowatch.com)....
As a Maui user , I think that , there is a serious effort here by the Maui team, in order to combine the "fashion" with "seriousness"......
Cheers !! 

(PIM events are ok to me with the digital clock)

RE: Update and Digikam - wonder - 9th January 2017

I have same problem.
My Digikam, after update to plasma 5.8.4, are removed.
If I go to Synaptic, I view that, the Digikam version is 16.04

RE: Update and Digikam - smoreau - 9th January 2017

(9th January 2017, 3:15)wonder Wrote: I have same problem.

You mean 5.3.0 which is the last version of Digikam5 ?

RE: Update and Digikam - wonder - 9th January 2017

(9th January 2017, 7:37)smoreau Wrote:
(9th January 2017, 3:15)wonder Wrote: I have same problem.

You mean 5.3.0 which is the last version of Digikam5 ?

Yes, its correct.

Regards.

RE: Update and Digikam - fanisatt - 10th January 2017

Finally I took the kde-plasma update too.
After this job, I restarted the PC (reboot) and I reinstalled digikam and kipi plugins with synaptic.
At the first trial synaptic gave an error but, I tried again (as I had already read here) and the installation was good and it seems ok.
I remember that, during the installation, there was a downgrade for a package.
Cheers !!

RE: Update and Digikam - kemoniso - 17th January 2017

Is there a better way ?

Thanks for suggestions.

SM

I got around this issue, which probably isn't the best option, by turning off all the maui 2 xenial and xenial backports repositories, that I had enabled, and then I reloaded the package manager.  Then I added the xenial testing and xenial testing neon repositories and reloaded package manager again.  This allowed me to reinstall the 5.3 version of digikam but not the latest 5.4 version which is not listed anyway.  It did fix the problem with the removal of digikam after the updates and the broken package messages after an attempt to reinstall digikam as you have experienced. After re-installation of digikam make sure to set the original repositories as you had them.  

Hope this helps and at least gets you working.