Maui Forums
using Kubuntu PPA - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Installation (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: using Kubuntu PPA (/showthread.php?tid=24240)

Pages: 1 2

using Kubuntu PPA - MariusApo - 19th January 2017

well,ik that you guys from maui team are still workin on plasma 5.8.5 be4 releas it for users,but i did wanted now,so i did added the kubuntu ppa and installed the 5.8.5 plasma from there,but is just 1 thing that it didn't upgraded coz of lack of dependencies which i have no idea what are those,the onli thing that didn't upgraded was plasma-integration 5.8.5,so i am still on that file version 5.8.4,when i did tried to upgraded,it tells me that the dependencies are required,thing is that i have no idea which are those,i can tell that i have no problems running the 5.8.5 plasma and i didn't found a problem so far,so,any1 can actually tell me what are the files i need for the plasma-integretion to install ?

RE: just a curiosity - leszek - 19th January 2017

Why activating Kubuntu PPA when you could just stick to the neon repository and activate this which also provides 5.8.5 and should not show any of such problems you describe here.

One thing we don't ship 5.8.5 for now are some little bugs. Try for example right clicking on desktop icons. They will perform a left click before showing the context menu.
This is fixed upstream already and will get into 5.8.6

RE: just a curiosity - MariusApo - 20th January 2017

hmm, that is strange, i do have the neon ppa activated, i did the manual update but nothing showed up, but it did when i got the Kubuntu ppa, but ik that u guys still work on the 5.8.5 and ik that it takes time to be flowless

oh, u've said 5.8.6? hmm, on a page from the plasma wiki, i didn't saw a 5.8.6 version, but i saw a beta 5.8.95

RE: just a curiosity - leszek - 20th January 2017

5.8.6 is not out yet but will be released soon in parallel to 5.9.0 (which is currently in beta)

ok,i've seen that on that wiki page too,but it was very confusing as the order in which the versions were posted,the 5.8.6 is somewhere after 5.9.4 i believe,but i do have a question here about a fact that u've said,why i didn't installed the 5.8.5 from neon backports,well,i just reinstalled maui,activated that ppa,did apt update and is nothing showing up at all,i think it should notify me for the possible upgrade to 5.8.5,right ? or should i just do the apt install plasma-desktop and hoping that it will install the new 1 from the backports of neon ?

RE: just a curiosity - kdemeoz - 20th January 2017

(19th January 2017, 23:31)leszek Wrote: ... you could just stick to the neon repository and activate this which also provides 5.8.5 ...

One thing we don't ship 5.8.5 for now are some little bugs. ...

Sorry but reading this confused me. The first part implies i should already have 5.8.5 (i do have the neon backport activated], but the second part implies you have not yet released 5.8.5 because of bugs.

Which is correct pls? I'm still on 5.8.4.

(20th January 2017, 3:20)kdemeoz Wrote:
(19th January 2017, 23:31)leszek Wrote: ... you could just stick to the neon repository and activate this which also provides 5.8.5 ...

One thing we don't ship 5.8.5 for now are some little bugs. ...

Sorry but reading this confused me. The first part implies i should already have 5.8.5 (i do have the neon backport activated], but the second part implies you have not yet released 5.8.5 because of bugs.

Which is correct pls? I'm still on 5.8.4.

well,maui team did not shiped 5.8.5 yet,they still work on some bugs,but what he meant is that it could be installed 5.8.5 from the neon backports,but like u,i can't find it,but anyway that would mean just to install 5.8.5 that is runnin on neon,is just compatible,but is not exactly 100% for maui,as both as different distros (in a way)

RE: just a curiosity - leszek - 20th January 2017

What I meant was the official neon repository. So nothing we provide by default.
If you decide to add a third party repo anyways then it is better to stick with the neon ones than using kubuntus.

now i think i got it, so, to get the 5.8.5,i have to put the official neon ppa coz is nothing on the maui noen backports ppa, am i wrong?