Maui Forums
[Solved] Problem with apt-get upgrade and kde-style-qtcurve-qt5? - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Installation (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: [Solved] Problem with apt-get upgrade and kde-style-qtcurve-qt5? (/showthread.php?tid=24268)

[Solved] Problem with apt-get upgrade and kde-style-qtcurve-qt5? - Pfiff - 7th February 2017

Hello,

an "apt-get upgrade" gives me the following message:

Code:
sudo apt-get upgrade
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.      
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
Paketaktualisierung (Upgrade) wird berechnet... Fertig
Die folgenden Pakete wurden automatisch installiert und werden nicht mehr benötigt:
 linux-headers-4.4.0-57 linux-headers-4.4.0-57-generic linux-image-4.4.0-57-generic linux-image-extra-4.4.0-57-generic
Verwenden Sie »sudo apt autoremove«, um sie zu entfernen.
Die folgenden Pakete sind zurückgehalten worden:
 kde-style-qtcurve-qt5
0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 1 nicht aktualisiert.

What can I do to solve this?

Ciao!

Dieter

RE: Problem with apt-get upgrade and kde-style-qtcurve-qt5? - leszek - 7th February 2017

What do you want to solve ?
This qtcurve package can't be upgraded.

RE: Problem with apt-get upgrade and kde-style-qtcurve-qt5? - Pfiff - 8th February 2017

Thank you for your answer. What I want to solve? I don't want to read this message when I'm doing an upgrade. I don't know for what I need this package.

Ciao!

Dieter

RE: Problem with apt-get upgrade and kde-style-qtcurve-qt5? - leszek - 8th February 2017

This is a style package basically providing the qtcurve widgets theme. If you don't use it or want to use it you can remove the package. (there is no other way to hide this message)
The reason it isn't updating is because it is incompatible with the newer qt version we provide.
This will be fixed in the future with backports and maui 3.

RE: Problem with apt-get upgrade and kde-style-qtcurve-qt5? - Pfiff - 8th February 2017

again thank you for this info. And how do I know if I have this package in use?

Ciao!

Dieter

RE: Problem with apt-get upgrade and kde-style-qtcurve-qt5? - leszek - 8th February 2017

Check your widget theme in settings. If you did not change anything in regards to theming and use breeze for widget themes you don't use qtcurve and are free to remove this(qtcurve) particular package

widget theme in settings??? What are the german expressions for this in "Systemeinstellungen". Can't find it. And my design ist "Elegance". Don't like the breeze-stuff.

Ciao!

Dieter

'Stil der Bedienelemente' is the German wording.

RE: Problem with apt-get upgrade and kde-style-qtcurve-qt5? - starbuck - 12th February 2017

We will look into this and try to fix it with backports.

RE: Problem with apt-get upgrade and kde-style-qtcurve-qt5? - Pfiff - 12th February 2017

(12th February 2017, 21:25)starbuck Wrote: We will look into this and try to fix it with backports.

Thank you for the information. 

Ciao!

Dieter