Maui Forums
[SOLVED] CANNOT CHANGE TO GREEK CHARACTERS - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Installation (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] CANNOT CHANGE TO GREEK CHARACTERS (/showthread.php?tid=24653)

[SOLVED] CANNOT CHANGE TO GREEK CHARACTERS - kyuss - 19th November 2017

Hello guys, today i installed MAUI, but i ran into a problem. I noticed a post from last year with the same problem, i tried the proposed solution but to no success. I cannot change from english to greek characters.

I went to Input Devices - Switching to another layout, i set my shortcut (i tried Alt+Shift or Left Alt+Left Shift) but it didnt work. I enabled "enable extra typographic characters" but nothing changed.

Can you please help?? I attach a screenshot so you can check it out.

Thanx!

RE: [HELP] CANNOT CHANGE TO GREEK CHARACTERS - leszek - 19th November 2017

I tried it with german and english layout and switching works here. Maybe the shortcut is occupied by another application already.

RE: [HELP] CANNOT CHANGE TO GREEK CHARACTERS - kyuss - 19th November 2017

(19th November 2017, 14:39)leszek Wrote: I tried it with german and english layout and switching works here. Maybe the shortcut is occupied by another application already.

So you suggest that i use different shortcuts? I have already tried 2 different shortcuts plus the alternative that is already given. When i try the alternative an icon of a keyboard appears with US but it doesnt change to GR. Anyway i will try and let you know.

(19th November 2017, 14:39)leszek Wrote: I tried it with german and english layout and switching works here. Maybe the shortcut is occupied by another application already.

Hello again. I tried many of the combinations and nothing works.....

have you tried relogin to see if it isn't a temporary issue maybe.

(19th November 2017, 15:17)leszek Wrote: have you tried relogin to see if it isn't a temporary issue maybe.

yes a couple of times, didnt work either. only the alternative preset option (Ctrl+Shift+K) gives the icon of the keyboard, but just for US. The other combinations do nothing.

so ctlr+shift+k switches here like it should. It only switches to the US layout for you?

(19th November 2017, 16:07)leszek Wrote: so ctlr+shift+k switches here like it should. It only switches to the US layout for you?

yes. is there another option/solution? You think its a mistake during installation? Can i check it?

RE: [HELP] CANNOT CHANGE TO GREEK CHARACTERS - leszek - 20th November 2017

Can you try adding other keyboard layouts and see if it works then.

RE: [HELP] CANNOT CHANGE TO GREEK CHARACTERS - kyuss - 20th November 2017

(20th November 2017, 1:02)leszek Wrote: Can you try adding other keyboard layouts and see if it works then.

problem solved my friend. after a couple of rebootings all is ok! Thanx!!