Maui Forums
Empty list of apps - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: Empty list of apps (/showthread.php?tid=24806)

Pages: 1 2

Empty list of apps - Pfiff - 18th July 2018

Hello,

since some days i get always an empty list of apps when i click on the "M" in the KDE Panel at the bottom of my screen. I configured for that the Full Screen Modus. I'm used to see the list of the last and frequently used apps there. The list of the last used documents is also empty. Is this a feature or a bug. If it's bug how can I fix this behaviour?

Ciao!

Dieter

RE: Empty list of apps - leszek - 19th July 2018

If you don't see a list of any apps at all in any launcher it seems like the menu cache is broken.
You can fix it by running kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental

RE: Empty list of apps - Pfiff - 19th July 2018

(19th July 2018, 9:10)leszek Wrote: If you don't see a list of any apps at all in any launcher it seems like the menu cache is broken.
You can fix it by running kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental

ok. But the result of kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental is 

Code:
kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental
kbuildsycoca5 running...
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Parse error in  "/home/pfiff/.config/menus/applications-merged/xdg-desktop-menu-dummy.menu" , line  1 , col  1 :  "unexpected end of file"
kf5.kservice.services: The desktop entry file "/usr/share/applications/org.kde.systemmonitor.desktop" has Type= "Application" but no Exec line
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Invalid Service :  "/usr/share/applications/org.kde.systemmonitor.desktop"
kf5.kservice.services: The desktop entry file "/usr/share/applications/org.kde.drkonqi.desktop" has Type= "Application" but no Exec line
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Invalid Service :  "/usr/share/applications/org.kde.drkonqi.desktop"
kf5.kservice.sycoca: The menu spec file contains a Layout or DefaultLayout tag without the mandatory Merge tag inside. Please fix your file.
kf5.kservice.sycoca: The menu spec file contains a Layout or DefaultLayout tag without the mandatory Merge tag inside. Please fix your file.

and now?

Ciao!

Dieter

RE: Empty list of apps - leszek - 19th July 2018

It did not improve a thing?
Whatever this home/pfiff/.config/menus/applications-merged/xdg-desktop-menu-dummy.menu file is it might be the cause of this issue. Try removing it.

RE: Empty list of apps - Pfiff - 19th July 2018

(19th July 2018, 20:57)leszek Wrote: It did not improve a thing?
Whatever this home/pfiff/.config/menus/applications-merged/xdg-desktop-menu-dummy.menu file is it might be the cause of this issue. Try removing it.

not a little bit has been improved. I removed the folder and this is the result

Code:
kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental
kbuildsycoca5 running...
kf5.kservice.services: The desktop entry file "/usr/share/applications/org.kde.systemmonitor.desktop" has Type= "Application" but no Exec line
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Invalid Service :  "/usr/share/applications/org.kde.systemmonitor.desktop"
kf5.kservice.services: The desktop entry file "/usr/share/applications/org.kde.drkonqi.desktop" has Type= "Application" but no Exec line
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Invalid Service :  "/usr/share/applications/org.kde.drkonqi.desktop"

Strange? Isn't it?

Dieter

RE: Empty list of apps - leszek - 20th July 2018

So nothing improved? That would mean your menu file is also broken. Should be fixed by removing it. Though I wonder how you managed to break it in the first place.

RE: Empty list of apps - Pfiff - 20th July 2018

(20th July 2018, 9:33)leszek Wrote: So nothing improved? That would mean your menu file is also broken. Should be fixed by removing it. Though I wonder how you managed to break it in the first place.

me too! I never have been in this folder. 

With "menu file" you mean this file:  ~/.config/menu/applications-kmenuedit.menu ???

But, to be on the right path, I don't miss the lists of apps, i miss the lists of resently used apps and the lists of resentyl used documents. In the full screen mode of the launcher it's the center part. This place is empty ...

On a different machine, also with kde-plasma 5.13.xx it's as usual ....

Thanx!

Dieter

Ah ok. I thought you were missing apps alltogether. Then I missunderstood.
Hmm... those recent apps are shown for other launchers?

RE: Empty list of apps - Pfiff - 20th July 2018

(20th July 2018, 13:40)leszek Wrote: Ah ok. I thought you were missing apps alltogether. Then I missunderstood.
Hmm... those recent apps are shown for other launchers?

As far as I know you have this feature only in the full screen mode, that's the reason why in love this mode. Actually it's one of the first things I do, after an new installation, I change from standard to the alternative "full screen" ... And now, I can't use it on one machine ... schniieef ...

Dieter

It is available for every launcher I know of. Though some might have turned it off in their configurations by default.