Maui Forums
Upgrading to 17.03 - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Installation (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: Upgrading to 17.03 (/showthread.php?tid=24301)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Upgrading to 17.03 - kdemeoz - 16th March 2017

I've just performed the 2.1 to 17.03 update on my Lappy. It was completely successful without a hitch, & i would like to applaud & compliment the Devs & Mods for constructing such a comprehensive process, & so nicely documenting it for us. Thank you!  Smile

I noticed that this upgrade included installing two Calligra pgms. These are not on my Tower, which was a clean 17.03 install from ISO on 5 March. I am not worried about this, just a little surprised at the difference of ISO vs Upgrade.

"you have to remove the old sortinglaunchers package" --> but on my Lappy prior to the upgrade this was not already installed... is that strange, or unimportant?

"the newest app dashboard launcher is installed and includes the Tab at the top to choose between Apps and Widgets" --> This is absolutely excellent.

Yay.

RE: Upgrading to 17.03 - leszek - 16th March 2017

Quote:"you have to remove the old sortinglaunchers package" --> but on my Lappy prior to the upgrade this was not already installed... is that strange, or unimportant?

This package was introduced with Maui 2.1 if you upgraded from Maui 1.x to 2.1 you might not had it in the first place.
And as long as the dashboard launcher is running fine nothing to worry here.

Great to hear that it worked fine for you Smile

RE: Upgrading to 17.03 - wonder - 16th March 2017

Hi,
I upgrade 3 computer to Maui 17.03, the are my experience:

Computer 1: Tower: Fresh install with Maui 2, upgrade to 2.1 and now, upgrade to 17.03:
All fine, only, that I comment in last posts, the launchers icons in panel, dissapears but create again and fine.

Computer 2: Tower: I don't rememeber what version fresh install, but the upgrade, same that computer 1.

Computer 3: Laptoop: Fresh install with Maui 2.1 and then, upgrade to 17.03. All fine, like kdemeoz, but I have a problem in upgrade: When in synaptic we need mark the packages plasma-desktop and plasma-destkop-data, I mark but I was don't available for reinstall, this option was are not available. When restart computer, the app dashboard launcher dissapear. I solved this with: Access to synpatic by konsole, select plasma-desktop and plasma-desktop-data, again, I can't available for reinstall, I uninstall this 2 packages, also, are uninstalled maui-desktop, then, I install maui-desktop (this install plasma-desktop and plasma-desktop-data), now, appears app dashboard launcher and all works fine.

Regards.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I wonder what went wrong on computer 3 and am glad that you were able to solve it yourself.

RE: Upgrading to 17.03 - fanisatt - 16th March 2017

The upgrade was ok for me too !
I started with MAUI1 and Iam still here with the upgrades.
I had a problem with the system information but I read the solution here and I fix it.
There was a problem with calligra , I don't know exactly, I could not install it - never mind because I don't need calligra. (It was a problem with a language package I already had.) I removed the application and I installed only the necessary calligra packages for okular. Is it ok about this ?
After the upgrade I deactivate the maui-xenial-backports and I restore the priority level in the update manager to "3" and up aswell. Is it ok with this ?
Best Regards !

Should be ok with this. As long as it throws no error and everything consistent currently.

RE: Upgrading to 17.03 - fanisatt - 16th March 2017

(16th March 2017, 15:07)leszek Wrote: Should be ok with this. As long as it throws no error and everything consistent currently.

Thank you leszek !!

RE: Upgrading to 17.03 - Jag59 - 17th March 2017

In 'About System', my laptop shows Maui 2 "Blue Tang", Build Version 20161024.1510, can I upgrade to 17.03 as instructed at
https://mauilinux.org/upgrading-maui-2-x-maui-17-03/
I am asking this because my source list does not contain any of 'maui-2.1' repos, it has only 'Maui-2' repos as shown in attached screen shot.
On  10/11/2016 I installed Maui2 from iso released on 28/10/2016 and updating regularly every week or when ever they are available.

'About System' shows
KDE Apps Version:16.12.0
Frameworks Version:5.29.0
Qt Version:5.7.0
Kernel Version:4.4.0-62-generic

Isn't my system 2.1? If no,should I first upgrade to 2.1 and then attempt for 17.03?
Please advise. 

RE: Upgrading to 17.03 - leszek - 17th March 2017

You can just activate the backports and it should upgrade. There is no way to actually upgrade to 2.1 as it was basically just a refreshed ISO release only containing a bugfixed installer Smile
The rest of the system should be identical to 2.1 if you kept it updated.

RE: Upgrading to 17.03 - havenchaz - 17th March 2017

(16th March 2017, 10:21)wonder Wrote: Computer 3: Laptoop: Fresh install with Maui 2.1 and then, upgrade to 17.03. All fine, like kdemeoz, but I have a problem in upgrade: When in synaptic we need mark the packages plasma-desktop and plasma-destkop-data, I mark but I was don't available for reinstall, this option was are not available. When restart computer, the app dashboard launcher dissapear. I solved this with: Access to synpatic by konsole, select plasma-desktop and plasma-desktop-data, again, I can't available for reinstall, I uninstall this 2 packages, also, are uninstalled maui-desktop, then, I install maui-desktop (this install plasma-desktop and plasma-desktop-data), now, appears app dashboard launcher and all works fine.

Regards.

I have the same issue with my tower.  These two packages can't be reinstalled.  The fix described works like a charm.