Maui Forums

Full Version: How do I change the colors used in applications?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can easily do this on any other KDE distribution, but for some reason this option has been taken out, or been disabled. I’m trying change the colors under "System Settings"?
When I go to Desktop Appearance > system settings > active title bar, and change the color, nothing happens. Your only choice is to go to “Windows Decorations” under the colors-system settings and chose a different color theme there. Is there an easy way to manually change the “Active Title bar”, and “Active Titlebar Text” under Desktop Appearance > System Settings > Colors?
It's all there !
Desktop Appearance/ Colors / Colors/
Scroll down. There there.
"Is there an easy way to manually change the “Active Title bar”, and “Active Titlebar Text” . I assume you mean the color of these ? Not font type ? Mine is working as usual.
If this is not what your after could you explain a little more clearer.
On any KDE Plasma 5, I can go to system settings > colors > scroll down to "Active Titlebar", and change the color, as well as the "Active Titlebar text" color. In the case of Maui, it is located under system settings - Desktop Appearance - colors.
Nothing happens when You change the color of "Active Titlebar". Your only choice is to click on "Windows Decorations", and chose a different theme. It seems this was done on purpose. So is there a way to unlock that option, and you can change colors manually?
Are you using Breeze for your window decoration?
(25th August 2016, 17:31)Pliny.D.Elder Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using Breeze for your window decoration?

No, I'm on default which is Maui Plasma.
(25th August 2016, 17:59)fredhoud Wrote: [ -> ]
(25th August 2016, 17:31)Pliny.D.Elder Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using Breeze for your window decoration?

No, I'm on default which is Maui Plasma.

Well I can change text and color when using the breeze window decorator.
Let me know how that goes for you.......
It doesn't work on Breeze either. Maybe this helps to clarify. Please see the attachment. Color1 represents the active Titlebar, and that's what I was talking about. I can change that color in Manjaro, but it doesn't work here. 
In any case this is not an important issue at all. I was just more or less curious as to why!
ok ... works for me.
@ Fredhoud,
Have you performed any sort of backup and restore of config files in your home directory using a USB drive.

The reason I ask is what that I've noticed on my systems is that the back up config files, when copied to my home directory off of my USB stick, are often times set as read only or to the wrong user group.

If this is the case, then I would suggest looking through your hidden folders and config files to see if this is what has happened.
(25th August 2016, 20:35)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]@ Fredhoud,
Have you performed any sort of backup and restore of config files in your home directory using a USB drive.

The reason I ask is what that I've noticed on my systems is that the back up config files, when copied to my home directory off of my USB stick, are often times set as read only or to the wrong user group.

If this is the case, then I would suggest looking through your hidden folders and config files to see if this is what has happened.

No, this was a fresh install on my work computer. I also have Maui installed on my two other desktops, and they are the same way. Let me rephrase. You can change the color, but it has no effect after the change. Instead, Maui has created a set of fixed "Window Decorations" theme that you can chose from, or even down load new decoration, by clicking the "Get New Decorations" button. I think they've done it on purpose, or I may be wrong?
Pages: 1 2