Maui Forums

Full Version: Radiotray-Icon in the systray
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

when I start radiotray, usually the icon of this programm has the same size as the other icons. But not in my maui. The icon is soooo tiny, it's impossible to find and activate it with the cursor. So, i can't find any stations, i can't make any adjustments ...

How can I change this behavior?

Ciao!
Dieter
As radiotray is still using an old legacy way of creating it tray icon it is only available in certain sizes. So if you have an odd size for the panel set it might pick up the icon that's way smaller than the panel. So try resizing the panel a few pixels an see if it fixes the issue. (it is working fine here)
The little bit ugly workaround would be going into the tray settings when radiotray is running and set it to always be hidden. This allows you to click the small arrow in the tray to get the list of hidden icons. There should be a radiotray entry big enough to left or right click
(27th August 2016, 9:28)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]As radiotray is still using an old legacy way of creating it tray icon it is only available in certain sizes. So if you have an odd size for the panel set it might pick up the icon that's way smaller than the panel. So try resizing the panel a few pixels an see if it fixes the issue. (it is working fine here)
The little bit ugly workaround would be going into the tray settings when radiotray is running and set it to always be hidden. This allows you to click the small arrow in the tray to get the list of hidden icons. There should be a radiotray entry big enough to left or right click

sorry, here it's not working!

If i start radiotray in a console I get this message:

Code:
radiotray
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/radiotray/XmlDataProvider.py:23: PyGIWarning: Gtk was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Gtk', '3.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
 from gi.repository import Gtk
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/radiotray/AudioPlayerGStreamer.py:64: FutureWarning: The behavior of this method will change in future versions. Use specific 'len(elem)' or 'elem is not None' test instead.
 if(cfg_provider._settingExists("buffer_size")):
Sleep Timer, Stops playing after a predefined time, SleepTimerPlugin.py, Carlos Ribeiro
StationSwitcher, Allows cycling through stations, StationSwitcherPlugin.py, Mark F
HelloWorld, This is a test plugin, HelloWorld.py, Carlos Ribeiro
started
Notifications, Shows message notifications on the desktop, NotificationPlugin.py, Carlos Ribeiro
/usr/share/radiotray/plugins/NotificationPlugin.py:25: PyGIWarning: Notify was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Notify', '0.7') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
 from gi.repository import Notify
Mate Media Keys, Controls Radio Tray through keyboard multimedia keys, MateMediaKeysPlugin.py, Ken
Gnome Media Keys, Controls Radio Tray through keyboard multimedia keys, GnomeMediaKeysPlugin.py, Carlos Ribeiro
History, Shows song history, HistoryPlugin.py, Carlos Ribeiro

Does this message helps to solve the problem?

Ciao!
Dieter
I don't see any error message. There are some warnings however.
Did you try resizing the panel or use the workaround I mentioned ?
(27th August 2016, 12:11)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see any error message. There are some warnings however.
Did you try resizing the panel or use the workaround I mentioned ?

thank you!

I tried both ideas, no chance to enlarge the icon or to activate the icon.

Any ideas?

Ciao!
Dieter
Do you have any custom icon theme set? Maybe that's acting up. Keep in mind you need to have the gtk icon theme set in systemsettings for it as it is using gtk technology.
Also did you double checked that the tray widget is still in the panel?
What happens if you hide the icon in the tray? Does it appear in the hidden icon list in the tray? If yes does a left click on the icon or text bring the menu?
(27th August 2016, 14:32)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any custom icon theme set? Maybe that's acting up. Keep in mind you need to have the gtk icon theme set in systemsettings for it as it is using gtk technology.
Also did you double checked that the tray widget is still in the panel?
What happens if you hide the icon in the tray? Does it appear in the hidden icon list in the tray? If yes does a left click on the icon or text bring the menu?

I use the gnome icon set. There is no gtk icon set

The radiotray-icon is in the ssystray! But inaktive and very small

In the hidden icon list the radiotray-icon is also very small and inactive. No chance for left click.

The .local/share/radiotray/radiotray.config 

Code:
<config>
 <option name="volume_increment" value="0.05"/>
 <option name="volume_level" value="1.0"/>
 <option name="url_timeout" value="100"/>
 <option name="enable_application_indicator_support" value="false"/>
 <!-- valid options are 'appindicator', 'systray' and 'chooser' -->
 <option name="gui_engine" value="systray"/>
 <option name="active_plugins"><item>Notifications</item></option>
 <option name="buffer_size" value="164000"/>
<option name="last_station" value="Beat Blender"/></config>