Maui Forums

Full Version: touch pad freeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All running well until I close the lid of my laptop and reopen, then the pointer of the touch pad freeze.
I have do an hard boot everytime. Any idee.?
I am running Mint and manjaro and have dont have this issue
(26th August 2016, 6:19)claude Wrote: [ -> ]All running well until I close the lid of my laptop and reopen, then the pointer of the touch pad freeze.
I have do an hard boot everytime. Any idee.?
I am running Mint and manjaro and  have this issue

I tried another KDE linux and i am getting the same problem. Must be the laptop
Can't help the with the pointer of the touch pad freeze.
but if you have a similar problem you could try
ALT+PrintScreen+B to reboot or CTL+ALT+DEL to logout.
(1st September 2016, 18:46)Pliny.D.Elder Wrote: [ -> ]Can't help the with the pointer of the touch pad freeze.
but if you have a similar problem you could try
ALT+PrintScreen+B to reboot or CTL+ALT+DEL to logout.

Thanks for the tip, but i move on to Solydxk. the only KDE that does not give this problem  
Would be interesting to know what causes the issue on your hardware. As it is working fine here on some machines I tested it so not a general issue as it seems.
Though I read about a new intel driver in xenial proposed fixing issues with mouse pointer disappearing when switched to tty on intel cards.

Maybe something similiar you experienced.
@claude,
What brand model is the laptop / trackpad?
It could just not be waking from suspend (power management issue) or a compatibility issue with libinput.

I have an HP laptop here that only has a software based toggle switch for it's synaptic touchpad, and this touchpad doesn't like to wake from suspend. Unfortunately, it's also doesn't have a fn+key combination toggle either. What it does have is a small circular indent on the touchpad itself that only works in windows. This laptops touchpad works fine using the synaptic drivers though, just not libiput.
(6th September 2016, 14:49)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]@claude,
What brand model is the laptop / trackpad?
It could just not be waking from suspend (power management issue) or a compatibility issue with libinput.

I have an HP laptop here that only has a software based toggle switch for it's synaptic touchpad, and this touchpad doesn't like to wake from suspend. Unfortunately, it's also doesn't have a fn+key combination toggle either. What it does have is a small circular indent on the touchpad itself that only works in windows. This laptops touchpad works fine using the synaptic drivers though, just not libiput.

HP Pavillon with a fn  key
When it froze did using the fn+key combo work to turn it back on?
(6th September 2016, 23:58)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]When it froze did using the fn+key combo work to turn it back on?

Nope
Hmm, does solydk use xf86-input-synaptics or xf86-input-libinput for the touchpad?
Pages: 1 2