Maui Forums

Full Version: [Solved] - Any luck with bumblebee?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Seems that bumblebee is broken in 16.04. Any luck with making it work in Neon or Maui?

Cheers...
You'll need to wait for the 4.0 update to bumblebee.
Have you tried using nvidia-prime instead of bumblebee?
(30th August 2016, 0:22)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need to wait for the 4.0 update to bumblebee.
Have you tried using nvidia-prime instead of bumblebee?

Yes, nvidia-prime works OK, but that's not really the same use scenario. OK, I thought as well that we have to wait for 4.0.
HA, after throwing the towel in, I still made 1 effort to check the Arch wiki regarding bumblebee and it seems I found a solution Big Grin They really have an EXCELLENT wiki. Seems that the intel related xorg.conf is interfering with bumblebee. So these are the steps that finally got my optirun glxgears running ;-)
1. install driver nvidia-367 from graphics ppa (long-lived branch) and do prime-select intel
2. install bumblebee bumblebee-nvidia and primus from bumblebee/testing repo (add-apt-repository ppa:bumblebee/testing)
3. adapt /etc/modprobe.d/bumblebee.conf and /etc/bumblebee/bumblebee.conf according to this article http://www.webupd8.org/2016/08/how-to-in...lebee.html
4. check if PCI BusID in /etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.nvidia is OK (check with lspci | egrep 'VGA|3D')
5. and the magic step that did it: move /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel to some other backup location :-) /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d must be empty
6. reboot
7. try optirun glxgears - for me WORKS and NO SCREEN TEARING Big Grin
8. primusrun glxgears RUNS ALSO Big Grin