Maui Forums

Full Version: [Solved] - No protocols in Instant Messaging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

There are no protocols in Instant Messaging except Google. I can see that package telepathy-haze is installed, thus it should provide all libpurple protocols, but none are available. Additionally, when going into the Configuration of the Instant Messaging, the General tab gives the message "Shared library was not found" and there are no options. Any ideas?

Cheers..
The package kaccounts-providers 15.12.3 only has google and owncloud provider files.
You will also need kde-config-telepathy-accounts installed.
(1st September 2016, 14:39)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have kaccounts-providers installed?

I've managed to solve it by installing package kde-config-telepathy-accounts with all dependencies. I've managed to get connected to the Lync account, but when I open a chat window with someone I ge the "Handler no longer available" error. Any idea?
I had already updated my original post, we must have been posting at the same time.
What protocol does the Lync account use (telepathy-gabble, telepathy-haze, telepathy-idle, telepathy-salut, telepathy-sofiasip, telepathy-sunshine)?

By default the kde-telepathy meta package only installs telepathy-haze as a dependency.
(1st September 2016, 14:59)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]I had already updated my original post, we must have been posting at the same time.
What protocol does the Lync account use?

It uses the pidgin-sipe plugin, so it's going through the telepathy-haze plugin. I've already managed to find more info about the problem. When I open the first chat, it gives the error, but when I then click on the same contact again, it opens the window properly and all following clicks on any other contacts work OK - they add additional tabs to the chat window and chatting is possible. So only the first open of the window is bad. I googled a bit and found that libdbusmenu-qt is to blame here (probably), but there is only 1 version in the repo, so I cannot test other versions...

Cheers..
So it's a bug then?
I think so... Where to report it?
I'd say, if there was already was a bug report when you googled the issue, add to it.
Unfortunately it was for Gentoo and they had a different version of that libdbusmenu-qt package available, so for them it was solved Wink