Maui Forums

Full Version: Missing icon in systray
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

I'm missing icons in the systray, for example there is no dropbox-icon, but dropboxd is runnig.

Ciao!
Dieter
Hi Pfiff,

please see this thread for missing systray icons: https://forums.mauilinux.org/showthread.php?tid=23952
update to Plasma 5.7.5 should resolve the systray icon issues
(15th September 2016, 18:29)starbuck Wrote: [ -> ]update to Plasma 5.7.5 should resolve the systray icon issues

I installed now Plasma 5.7.5 but still no dropbox icon in the systray. I'm using oxygen-icons because I don't like the breeze icon-set. With breeze there is a dropbox-icon. 

Arguments against breeze-icons:

1. gimp-icon is very strange for me
2. there is no recycle-bin-icon. What you can see is a folder-icon
3. the dropbox-icon doesn't use the dropbox-logo. Why change from the logo? The logo-icon is very straightforward.

It would be very fine, if the oxygen-icon-set ist fixed for use in maui!

Ciao!

Dieter
I have also installed clipgrab and I could not see it's icon in the system tray. I can see the room space it is created for the icon in systray but , instead of an icon there is an empty space. I can click here and I can see the application working normally. So, I changed the authentic clipgrab icon with an other I choose of the system icons but, the problem persists.
confirmed.
(18th September 2016, 21:42)Pfiff Wrote: [ -> ]Arguments against breeze-icons:

1. gimp-icon is very strange for me
2. there is no recycle-bin-icon. What you can see is a folder-icon
3. the dropbox-icon doesn't use the dropbox-logo.

I totally agree - the gimp icon has to show wilber and a trash icon should look like a trash can and not like a folder - and therefore I use own icons for some apps (and folders). If you want to got on using breeze you can just create a folder ~/.local/share/icons/breeze/ with the same structure as /usr/share/icons/breeze but put just the icons in it you want to replace. That easy it is. Works with every icon theme if name and folder structure is the same as in /usr/share/icons.

Or you create an own icon theme with a unique name in ~/.local/share/icons which just contains the icons you want to override, copy the index.theme of another icon theme and adjust the name and inherits. Make sure it inherits the icon theme you actually want to use, e.g. breeze or oxygen.

I use both methods since - well dunno - KDE 1? 2? Wink. Since those icon themes were introduced.
Hi Spacepenguin,
thank you for your answer. But i didn't succeed with your proposals. I'm using now the oxygen icon set. Nice icons. But unfortunately there is no dropbox-icon in the systray showing.
So i changed in the systemsettings - start/end the dropbox command to "dbus-launch dropbox start". This works and shows the dropbox-icon.
But again a problem. With almost every start of the OS this command is overwritten with the standard command "start dropboxd -i"

Ciao!

Dieter
There is a better way ;-)
Change these 2 files:
/usr/share/applications/dropbox.desktop (this one with sudo)
~/.config/autostart/dropbox.desktop

In them find the line starting with Exec and change it to: dbus-launch dropbox start (delete the -i at the end as well)
That way, until you upgrade the dropbox package (which I do like never), it will stay unchanged.
(11th October 2016, 11:07)rocky7x Wrote: [ -> ]There is a better way ;-)
Change these 2 files:
/usr/share/applications/dropbox.desktop (this one with sudo)
~/.config/autostart/dropbox.desktop

In them find the line starting with Exec and change it to: dbus-launch dropbox start (delete the -i at the end as well)
That way, until you upgrade the dropbox package (which I do like never), it will stay unchanged.

I don't see the need to alter system files. You can alter the dropbox command via kmenueditor and it will create an own launcher for your user. And you can disable the  autostart of dropbox and create a new autostart for it with a different name. So no update will interfere with it. 
Pages: 1 2 3