Maui Forums

Full Version: Ksysguard - System Supervisor Discrepancy / Resolved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had to change the common tag name I had given in the past for 2 thousand pictures approximately . (These pictures were in the same folder).
I used Dolphin , I chose all these files and I changed the common tag name. Logically it would take some time for this job... so I run ksysguard in parallel to check the system load and the processes.
I noticed a discepancy there :
Checking the processes table tab I could see a very low system load - CPU% (cumulatively) but , checking the system load tab I could see a very high system load and it was actually very high for 4-5 minutes until dolphin finish the job !
I wοnder if there are hidden processes or , I could say better for processes which are not fully monitored by the system.
There is a filter option in ksysguard. Maybe it was set to monitor only user processes and not all.
(30th September 2016, 9:32)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]There is a filter option in ksysguard. Maybe it was set to monitor only user processes and not all.
Thank you leszek ! I try to understand the processes. I keep notice that something is not ok with dolphin. During some file management jobs the system load is very high, especially if dolphin remains open. Somehow and sometimes my PC reminds me a Sinclair Spectrum I had 30 years ago..... The user has to wait making a cigarette and there is no multitasking. I think that, somewhere between dolphin and plasma is hiding a bad management of available CPU resources !
I say that , because closing dolphin immediately after the file management job starts (file removal - tag changing - etc..), it seems that the work is completed normally and much faster (in background) while, the user has the ability to do something else in foreground.
Do you have a ssd or hdd in your PC?
Does this happen with any I/O process of other applications?
(30th September 2016, 12:02)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a ssd or hdd in your PC?
Does this happen with any I/O process of other applications?

I have installed the MAUI in a SSD (it's a new Samsung SSD 840 - it seems good and fast).
I keep some files here but I also keep files in an other disk (hdd - ext4 format).
AHCI mode is enabled (BIOS) for all the SATA controllers . I think there is no problem with the disks.
I did file management jobs in both disks and it is truth that I am working with a lot of files. However , I am sure that this system behaviour I have already described is not ok.
I did not notice anything suspicious on other applications to the moment.
That's very suspicious. As long as you don't copy files that are super big and make the RAM running full I have currently no idea what could be wrong there.
(30th September 2016, 13:00)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]That's very suspicious. As long as you don't copy files that are super big and make the RAM running full I have currently no idea what could be wrong there.

I will report the situation to the KDE Bug tracking System.
Thanks a lot !