Maui Forums

Full Version: [Solved] - Plasma 5.8.0 - Calendar widget doesn't show PIM events anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(5th October 2016, 13:45)kdemeoz Wrote: [ -> ]... My question is slightly tangential -- how can i make the calendar in this widget show weeks commencing Mondays, not Sundays as it currently does, pls?

Any ideas pls?

EDIT -- 11 Oct 2016 -- I've now moved my enquiry to new dedicated thread, "Plasma 5.8.0 - Calendar widget shows wrong week start day".
I don't think this is implemented. Did you try looking in the global locale settings in systemsettings to see if you can set this there?
It isn't possible to set in the widget itself.
Exactly as leszek stated, you have to set the regional settings to the one that has Monday as the 1st day. What I do is I go to the System Settings->Account Settings->Formats, there I set the Region to American (since I want to have the environment in English) and then check the Detailed Settings checkbox, and in it I set all of the settings to my country. After logout/login you will see the calendar in format of your country.
Thank you both, but it did not fix the problem here, sadly. Sniff, sob...

Maybe it'll work correctly for me once we get 5.8.1...?

EDIT -- 11 Oct 2016 -- I've now moved my enquiry to new dedicated thread, "Plasma 5.8.0 - Calendar widget shows wrong week start day".
Did you ever find a solution to this? My PIM events are gone now as well.
Nope, not yet, maybe when 5.8.1 comes to Maui, then we'll see, whether it has been fixed, but nothing so far..
(15th October 2016, 14:33)rocky7x Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, not yet, maybe when 5.8.1 comes to Maui, then we'll see, whether it has been fixed, but nothing so far..

alright then, fingers crossed!  thanks for the update.  weirdly, it had been working for me up until a couple days ago--unsure what changed.
Installed 5.8.2 and not fixed yet...
(25th October 2016, 15:49)rocky7x Wrote: [ -> ]Installed 5.8.2 and not fixed yet...

same here, unfortunately.  Holidays continue to show fine, but no PIM events.
I've tried this on my home laptop and all works without problems. I'm completely puzzled. At home I've tried the exchange-ews plugin to get the Exchange calendar - works. Then I've downloaded the calendar as ICS, added it to akonadi as iCal calendar - works. I don't understand what is wrong with my work laptop, but the calendar doesn't show there. But I guess I can mark this as solved, since apparently it's a problem with my work laptop.
Pages: 1 2 3