Maui Forums

Full Version: [Solved] - Plasma 5.8.0 - Calendar widget doesn't show PIM events anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(3rd November 2016, 14:47)rocky7x Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried this on my home laptop and all works without problems. I'm completely puzzled. At home I've tried the exchange-ews plugin to get the Exchange calendar - works. Then I've downloaded the calendar as ICS, added it to akonadi as iCal calendar - works. I don't understand what is wrong with my work laptop, but the calendar doesn't show there. But I guess I can mark this as solved, since apparently it's a problem with my work laptop.

Well, still not solved for me.  I know it was not working for me yesterday, but saw your post and checked this morning.  To my surprise, 4 of the 5 calendars I have configured showed up!  Before I got my hopes too high, I decided to reboot and check again...all gone (except for the built in Holiday plug in which is the only one that shows consistently.  The others come and go (mostly go) with no pattern that I can discern.  Very frustrating mystery.
OK, I've managed to make it work on my work laptop (FINALLY!!!). What I did was:
1. stopped akonadi completely
2. deleted all akonadi stuff (dirs and files with "akonadi" in their name) from ~/.config ~/.local/share/ and ~/.cache
3. in file ~/.config/plasmashellrc deleted the configuration item starting with [PIMEventsPlugin] - in my case I deleted 2 lines that looked like this
Code:
[PIMEventsPlugin]
calendars=13,14,20,21
4. logged out and logged back in
5. started akonadi
6. recreated the calendar in Korganizer
7. it appeared immediately in clock widget - made me happy Smile
8. HOWEVER after reboot it disappeared again - made me sad again Sad
9. BUT, it was sufficient to REMOVE the [PIMEventsPlugin] entry from ~/.config/plasmashellrc and all is LOVELY AGAIN :-)
10. Makes me conclude that the PIM Plugin has a bug in selecting the calendar numbers into the config file, but when the config entry is removed completely, all calendars appear in the widget and that is sufficient for me Smile so happy again Smile

As long as I don't touch the widget and it doesn't write the [PIMEventsPlugin] entry into the config file, the calendars show correctly Smile
Pages: 1 2 3