Maui Forums

Full Version: Plasma 5.8 Clock font small and panel resize broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After the upgrade my clock font is very small and clicking and dragging on the height adjustment button for the panel no longer works. I tried it in an effort to get my font for the clock to resize.
Just to be sure general panel resizing does not work anymore ?
If yes, do you have widgets locked maybe on the desktop ?
(5th October 2016, 17:19)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Just to be sure general panel resizing does not work anymore ?
If yes, do you have widgets locked maybe on the desktop ?

Correct, I'm unable to resize the panel. I've double checked that widgets are not locked. To be sure, I locked then unlocked the widgets and it still doesn't work.
Can you try adding a second panel and see if it works there.
If it works there. Try removing the old one.
I tried adding a new panel and it won't resize either.
And the clock is broken on the new panel aswell ? Can you make screenshots please.
Last resort would be testing with a new user and see if it works there. If it doesn't then you need to check if really all packages were updated successfully.
The clock works but the font is now quite small. I was trying to adjust the panel height so that the font would automatically upscale itself. That said, the font size was fine before the upgrade with this panel height. When I do an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade I don't see any packages that haven't been updated. I will try creating a new user later today.
It's possible to use the resize handle if you do the screen edge handle before. So when you go into edit panel mode, first use the the screen edge handle and just move the panel to another screen edge and back to its original position. After this, the resize handle will work. Definitely a bug I think.
(6th October 2016, 7:39)rocky7x Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible to use the resize handle if you do the screen edge handle before. So when you go into edit panel mode, first use the the screen edge handle and just move the panel to another screen edge and back to its original position. After this, the resize handle will work. Definitely a bug I think.

I confirm this bug occuring since Plasma update.
SM
Me too, I confirm this bug since the last update.

Ciao!
Dieter
Pages: 1 2