Maui Forums

Full Version: [Solved] - Accept or ignore certain updates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I downloaded these base-files before reading this thread  Sad

I searched synaptic for 9+p8+git20160813.1003 as suggested to downgrade to but can't find it...is this the right place to look or have I misunderstood?

Thanks
Download the base-file package from the ds9-maui source that ends with maui-2.
It should be listed there with apt-cache policy base-files
This is my cat /etc/lsb-release :
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=2
DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Maui"

I think (but I am not sure) that, this odd mismatch is possibly related with the installation/upgrade of "maui-apt-config" package.
I remember that during I was taken an update this week (I had used konsole and sudo apt-get update / sudo apt-get dist-upgrade) the system asked me :
{
What would you like to do about it ? Your options are:
Y or I : install the package maintainer's version
N or O : keep your currently-installed version
D : show the differences between the versions
Z : start a shell to examine the situation
The default action is to keep your current version.
}
As a previous Linux Mint user I could remember this situation and I used to press "O" because .... this is the default action...I thought that default is the safe action.....
As a simple user I don't really know what is happening inside the box....and I did not know what was the real mission of the "maui-apt-cofig" package ... and I don't have the time to learn the details.
Thanks to leszek I understood that there was something serious here...but ... I was very lucky because I took a look in the forum...coincidentally !!
So...I remove this "maui-apt-config" package and I installed it again , this time with the package manager (GUI)....!!!
I did not see any questions !!!
And I did nothing...my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list was not ok according to leszek's specimen !!!
I had to remove the above package again and I installed it with the konsole (sudo ap-get install maui-apt-config).
So , the system asked me what I would like to do ... and I said YES !!!!
Oh YESSSSSSSSSSSSs !!!
Good Morning !!
Thanks a lot !
(12th October 2016, 22:14)caspar88 Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded these base-files before reading this thread  Sad

I searched synaptic for 9+p8+git20160813.1003 as suggested to downgrade to but can't find it...is this the right place to look or have I misunderstood?

Thanks

There is also an easy way to achieve this via Synaptic. When you point on a package (click on it, so it is selected), just hit CTRL+E and it will give you all possible versions of the package. In the dropdown list we want the bottom one. Then just hit the Force version button and Apply changes. Hope it helps.
(13th October 2016, 9:38)rocky7x Wrote: [ -> ]
(12th October 2016, 22:14)caspar88 Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded these base-files before reading this thread  Sad

Thanks

There is also an easy way to achieve this via Synaptic. When you point on a package (click on it, so it is selected), just hit CTRL+E and it will give you all possible versions of the package. In the dropdown list we want the bottom one. Then just hit the Force version button and Apply changes. Hope it helps.

Very nice rocky7x !! I did it as you say and giving now cat /etc/lsb-release I get :
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu

DISTRIB_RELEASE=1
DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial

With the previous page-file (before the downgrade) I had DISTRIB_RELEASE=2 !
Anyway ... what is the correct base-file for the users who had installed the MAUI1 ??????
Iam lost.....
Any help ?
Thanks a lot !
I see that there is a new MAUI related base-files package now, probably getting the system ready for Maui release 2. It has version 99+p8+git20160908.1219. It's a question for leszek and co whether and when we should upgrade this, since I guess it should only be upgraded once Maui 2 is out and we can upgrade the whole system to it.
You should not even see this upgrade since the maui-apt-config disabled the packages.mauilinux.org repo. If you still have it please remove it or disable it.
(13th October 2016, 13:34)fanisatt Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks

Very nice rocky7x !! I did it as you say and giving now cat /etc/lsb-release I get :
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu

DISTRIB_RELEASE=1
DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial

Anyway ... what is the correct base-file for the users who had installed the MAUI1 ??????
Iam lost.....
Any help ?
Thanks a lot !

You have the correct version now, it is the one that is in the system when you install Maui 1 - checked it from my fresh virtualbox Maui 1 installation, which I have as a sandbox since 5.8.0, where I install upgrades before my production system ;-)
(13th October 2016, 14:28)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]You should not even see this upgrade since the maui-apt-config disabled the packages.mauilinux.org repo. If you still have it please remove it or disable it.

Ah yes, you are right, on this system I have not applied the 5.8.0 upgrade yet (too precious system ;-) ), nor the maui-apt-config upgrade - that's why I still see it. So before I upgrade this system, I will first only upgrade maui-apt-config and once that is done, then refresh the sources and only upgrade the packages found there... Good catch... Thanks a million, since if I would run the upgrade as it is now, it would install who knows what ;-)
(13th October 2016, 14:29)rocky7x Wrote: [ -> ]
(13th October 2016, 13:34)fanisatt Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks

DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu

DISTRIB_RELEASE=1
DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial

Iam lost.....
Any help ?
Thanks a lot !

You have the correct version now, it is the one that is in the system when you install Maui 1 - checked it from my fresh virtualbox Maui 1 installation, which I have as a sandbox since 5.8.0, where I install upgrades before my production system ;-)
Thank you very much !
Pages: 1 2 3 4