Maui Forums

Full Version: Pluggin for Chromium?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Always I use firefox, but I like have install other browser.
I have installed Chromium and yesterday I view that, some webs, with some pluggin (that I don't know how pluggin are) not load, appears that this load isn't compatible.
I installed pepper, but continue with not load the web.
One site for example:
www.cgc-chasis.com

Regards!
Seems to be a flash only site. You did already install the pepperflashplugin and restarted the browser?
Is Flash Player listed in about:config of chromium?
Yes, I have install pepperflashplugin-nonfree and restart browser and computer, but not works.
If type about:config in chromium, appears not found, I need go to tools, configuration, and in extensions, not appears any about flash.
But if I type: chrome://version/
Appears this:

Quote:Chromium 53.0.2785.143 (Build para desarrolladores) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 2 (64 bits)
Revisión 12ae4ebf489873fc4aad9efc231b9151b330a938
Sistema operativo Linux
Blink 537.36 (@12ae4ebf489873fc4aad9efc231b9151b330a938)
JavaScript V8 5.3.332.47
Flash 11.2.999.999
Agente de usuario Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu Chromium/53.0.2785.143 Chrome/53.0.2785.143 Safari/537.36
Línea de comandos /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser --ppapi-flash-path=/usr/lib/pepperflashplugin-nonfree/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version --enable-pinch --window-depth=24 --x11-visual-id=33 --wm-user-time-ms=3030410 --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end

Like I view, appears a flash installed.
Seems like the pepperflashplugin is not sucessfully installed.
If the pepperflashplugin-nonfree failed it should show an error message in the terminal (only when installed via terminal though)
What you could try is downloading the plugin from adobe directly and installing it manually.
Ok, I uninstall pepperflashplugin, and then, restart chromium, with chrome://version/ appears that not have flash.

I go to synaptic, and view flashplugin-installer package are installed but the package adobe-flashplugin are not installed.

Select for install (indicate to me that need uninstall flashplugin-installer). I install a adobe-flashplugin.

Firefox indicate to me that need restart, and restart firefox.

And now, in chromium with chrome://version/ appears that I have flash install.

I try and now, works fine chromium with flash.

Only a doubt: Firefox incorporate other flash plugin? I doubt this because, firefox works fine with flash, but with chromium I need install adobe-flashplugin.

Regards!
Very strange. The adobe flashplugin should be only available as npapi plugin which only works with firefox.
The pepperflash plugin works only with chromium/opera/chrome and based browsers.
Yes...its strange....
In firefox, I not need install any package, works fine with flash.
But whit chromium, not works flash.
In my older distro, I don't install pepperflash and chromium works fine with flash (but I don't remember if the adobe-flashplugin are install by default).

But here, like indicate, with firefox, I don't need install any package for flash.
Chromium not work with flash until I install adobe-flashplugin.

Regards!