Maui Forums

Full Version: KDE bug 349313 in amarok
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
since I have installed Amarok I got this old bug again. On the website of Amarok you can read about this bug and it will be solved in version 2.9 Beta. But there is no version 2.9 Beta to download. Or it might be solved in version 2.8.9. But where is the download file? And as usual user I need it not as source code. I need it as debian packages. Where can I download the right package to fix this bug eventually?
Kind regards,
Sigurd
Hi,
I got in touch with Edward Toroshchin a team member of the Amarok team. And this is his answer:

"Hi Sigurd,

It looks like you might want to contact your distribution's team
instead (e.g. here: http://forums.mauilinux.org/). Unfortunately, this
is the downside of using a relatively rare distribution — there is not
a lot of options if you need a specific version of a package.

Good luck,
--
Edward"

What can you tell me about this?
Regards,
Sigurd
There is no plan to package amarok outside of the ubuntu / neon package repos.
(25th October 2016, 15:37)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]There is no plan to package amarok outside of the ubuntu / neon package repos.

Hi leszek,
I do not understand your answer. I would like to get a version of Amarok that works as before and shows the pages of Wikipedia. The version 2.8 I can download as debian package is not doing it any more since Wikipedia changed their conditions for a connection. Is here everybody trying to get rid of me and my desire? I know you are not responsible for Amarok. But the answer of the Amarok team member Edward is like a joke. And on the website of Amarok (https://amarok.kde.org) you can read that they have solved the problem. But there is no version 2.9 or 2.8.9 available. Obviously the solved problem is a lie. And there is no service at all for any user. 
Do you have any idea? Or is it better to forget Amarok for good.
Sigurd
You have to wait for a final 2.9 version. I think it was or is in beta still. So yes they might have fixed it but did not release a new version with this fix. So no one is picking it up.
(25th October 2016, 17:33)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]You have to wait for a final 2.9 version. I think it was or is in beta still. So yes they might have fixed it but did not release a new version with this fix. So no one is picking it up.

Hi leszek,
thank you for your confirmation of my findings. To bad that with Amarok.
Kind regards,
Sigurd