Maui Forums

Full Version: (Solved) Firefox and .deb files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have configured firefox for question to me when click in .deb files.
But not question, automatic, firefox open Apt installer.

I search and search in the configuration, but I don't view any about this.
Like indicate, in the config of firefox (in applications) I have configured for question for deb files and the apt.

Regards.
I think you need to generally turn off that it opens files directly in the settings of firefox.
Hi,
I don't uderstand very well that you indicate.
In settings firefox, I have configured (in applications) apt and .deb files prompt, not download, prompt to me, but not works, directly, are opened by apt.
Is 'Always ask me where to save files' in the general tab ticked?
Yes, Always ask me where to save files, are configured in general tab.

Regards.
Well, its strange.
I go to bleachbit website for download this package, I click in link to download (a deb file) and now, yes, prompt/question to download the file.
But go to teamviewer website for download this package, and click to download and always, directly, open a apt installer.

And the 2 links, are a .deb file....
Solved the issue.
I edit the mimeTypes.rdf file.
Search all about deb and compare with my old backup of mozilla.
Deleted this entries about deb packages and now, all .deb links prompt to me.

Regards.
Sorry,

can You explain better ? Where did You find this file mimeTypes ?

Thanks
Well, in the home/.mozilla/firefox/ are the folder with your profile, for example with this name: sldjfla0x.default
In this folder, are all config about firefox, here are the file mimeTypes.rdf, and I open with Kate and edit this file.
I search deb entries in this file, and view how entries I need deleted or edit.

Sorry if I can't explain better....

Regards.
Ok, I found the file.
Thanks.

Even if I haven't this problem like You, I'm curious and I watch this file (it can be useful for the future..... ) . Big Grin