Maui Forums

Full Version: Maui blows me away!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cannnot believe how great this distro is. It is the best Plasma desktop I have ever seen. And the ONLY desktop of any flavor that gave me a flawless install of Crossover Office and a flawless install of Quicken. With other desktops I would have multiple errors and would have to fight with it to get it to install. Well done and Kudos to all involved with Maui Linux!
Teehee, i suspect the Devs will quite enjoy reading your compliment.

For several months prior to my own installation of Maui as my Tower's "real" OS, i had mucked about in VMs with KFedora 24, Kubuntu 16.04, KDE Neon, & once it became available Mint 18 KDE. They all exasperated & disappointed me... Kubuntu worst of all, but also the others. Having reached the point of "emotional separation" from my erstwhile beloved Mint 17.x KDE of the previous few years [a wonderful system, but eventually i grew weary of some long-term bugs & poor design issues that i realised were never going to be resolved], but feeling just too conflicted over what to me seemed nonviable choices of those 4 Plasma5 offerings, i was in a state of despair about "where to from here?". Having in parallel over that period evaluated upgrade options for my Lappy from its identical Mint 17.3 KDE, & eventually settled on Mint 18 Xfce+Compiz, which i setup with many lovely & highly functional Desktop Effects to kind of give me "the KDE you have when you're not having KDE", i seriously contemplated making this also my Tower's new OS. However i really did, deep down, want to stay with KDE if at all possible... but my choices all seemed unhappy.

Then some kind soul in the Mint KDE forums mentioned this distro i'd never heard of, Maui... & the rest is history. It really is a great credit to the Devs as a well-balanced finely-implemented *buntu/Plasma5 package. Yay.