Maui Forums

Full Version: Auto login with Maui2 [solved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.
Today, I made a fresh install of Maui 2 (my congratulations to Maui Team Smile)

But I can't set for auto login. Always start a computer or restart, Maui prompt to me the password of my user (I have only 1 user).
I go to settings-user manager- and set to autologin, apply changes with my password, restart the computer, but not works.
Again, I go to user manager and view that, the box of autologin are not set.
Again, set this box, but when restart again, the box are unset.

Regards!
Please try setting the autologin via the sddm configuration tool in systemsettings.
(29th October 2016, 16:16)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Please try setting the autologin via the sddm configuration tool in systemsettings.

Sorry but that did not work. I write in the Autologin section of sddm.conf :
relogin=false
session=plasma.desktop
user=me

and it did the job.

The configuration tool in systemsettings did not write in the sddm.conf

SM
It seems that when you want to check the box to allow automatic connexion, the tool does ask for administration permission.

Is this the problem ?

SM
Yeah it asks for permissions as the file needs write permissons to overwrite it or change the autologin.

We wil investigate what might be the issue with autologin setting in systemsettings.
(29th October 2016, 16:16)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Please try setting the autologin via the sddm configuration tool in systemsettings.

Hi,
I test now, and in my case, this works fine for me.
Autologin via sddm configuration tool in systemsettings works for me.
Great. So it isn't a general bug then I guess.
I confirm what was written by wonder.
Editing the fileĀ /etc/sddm.conf solve the problem.

Thanks
chileno, in my case, not need edit the file /etc/sddm.conf , I can solved way sddm configuration tool in system settings, this tool can write in sddm.conf

Regards.
Pages: 1 2